Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just found knickers that aren't mine

(58 Posts)
excitedbutscared Thu 01-Jan-15 10:37:36

Stayed at my boyfriends last night.. Went to get some clean knickers out of 'my drawer' and found some knickers that I don't think are mine

I have lots, but can't remember this pair!

Not sure how to handle this one!

Deserttrek Thu 01-Jan-15 10:41:02

Try them on, Cinderella.
Now do they feel OK, or still strange?

siblingrevelryagain Thu 01-Jan-15 10:43:22

Are there any other significant females in his life who might visit/stay with him: sisters/cousins/friends?

siblingrevelryagain Thu 01-Jan-15 10:44:36

I'm guessing you're suspicious, and j don't know whether you're right to be, but one good sign (I think) is that they weren't hidden-in fact they were in your drawer.

nozzz Thu 01-Jan-15 10:44:54

Have you asked him about it?

Deerhound Thu 01-Jan-15 10:56:03

Could they belong to an ex a d have been lingering at the bottom of his washing basket for months? Grim thought, but better than cheating

excitedbutscared Thu 01-Jan-15 10:58:34

He has an ex that lived with him but that was a year ago.

But he hasn't hidden them which makes me think it could be innocent

Haven't asked him about it yet no!

vienna1981 Thu 01-Jan-15 11:50:24

I hope they're nice onesgrin.

MadeMan Thu 01-Jan-15 11:55:28

Apparently rock stars used to keep knickers thrown to them on stage as a memento or souvenir. Maybe he's been playing guitar down at the local pub improv night to hordes of screaming females.

GingerbreadPudding Thu 01-Jan-15 11:57:05

Unlikely he'd have had torrid sex with another woman and then cleaned her pants and put them away surely?

hesterton Thu 01-Jan-15 11:58:16

Ask him is he's Mandy on Tuesdays?

TheyThinkImCool Thu 01-Jan-15 11:58:59

Just ask him.

siblingrevelryagain Thu 01-Jan-15 12:03:50

Then make sure to come back and tell us!

misskangaandroo2014 Thu 01-Jan-15 12:06:21

If he used to live with someone it seems likely that they've just surfaced. I found a pair of my exH's pants about 1.5 years after he'd left. I was packing to move. If I hadn't completely emptied the drawer maybe they'd still be lurking.
Just say 'these aren't mine'.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 01-Jan-15 12:07:01

You aren't 100% sure they're not yours.
His ex lived there.
They're in your drawer.

I don't think you've anything to worry about, don't let it spoil the start to the New Year. Ask him if you must, but keep it light and believe him. IF there's anything dodgy going on, it'll come to light in time, but it's much much more likely to be nothing.

MadeMan Thu 01-Jan-15 12:09:12

"If I hadn't completely emptied the drawer maybe they'd still be lurking."

Christ, nobody needs the Y-Fronts Monster lurking around the house at night; I'd have to sleep with the light on and a kitchen knife under the pillow.

catsofa Thu 01-Jan-15 12:18:46

I've got a pair of men's pants in my knicker drawer and I don't know whose they are. Finally got around to asking my DP if they were his a while ago and they're not. Think I may have bought them for myself ages ago to see if they would be comfy. My previous ex didn't wear pants so I don't think they're his, although they might be his one pair of Special Occasion pants.

If your DP lived with his ex as little as a year ago I would assume they are hers, he's found them and put them in your drawer as they're obviously not his. I certainly don't seem to clear out my knicker drawer as often as once a year!

excitedbutscared Thu 01-Jan-15 12:24:32

Thanks all!

I do think there's a rational explanation. It's weird how they've suddenly turned up after 9 months though, although he did just have a massive spring clean..

Hmmm, not sure if I'll mention it. I don't want to plant seeds of mistrust but I'll let you know! :-)

MadeMan Thu 01-Jan-15 12:33:08

"I do think there's a rational explanation. It's weird how they've suddenly turned up after 9 months though"

A poltergeist in your house would be the non rational explanation, although having said that, it could explain the sudden appearance of the pants manifesting themselves in your knicker drawer.

Check the room for ectoplasm and maybe get the vicar round for tea.

SurlyCue Thu 01-Jan-15 12:41:23

although he did just have a massive spring clean

This is your answer. He's had a big clean, found these and assumed theyre yours so put them in your drawer.

Sleepingtom Thu 01-Jan-15 12:41:40

My DH once found someone else's boxer shorts in his drawer. I can't even remember why or whose they were. They def weren't the result of cheating though! Maybe someone's washing got caught up with his when he went home for Xmas and he assumed they were yours?

FelicityGubbins Thu 01-Jan-15 12:41:46

Do what my mum used to do with school knickers,and write your name on every label, that way you will always be able to tell yours apart...

WildBillfemale Thu 01-Jan-15 12:47:42

Is it worth sniffing them to see if you recognise the scent?

Finola1step Thu 01-Jan-15 12:53:15

Eeww Wild.

He's had a spring clean, found a random pair of knickers, thought they were yours, put them in your drawer.

You really have nothing to worry about on this one. Just bin the knickers.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 01-Jan-15 13:06:56

Hands up, I've done this. Found a pair of boxers down the back of the bed, assumed they were current boyfriend's, washed them and put them with his stuff. They were the guy before's. We laughed it off no problem.

Ask him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now