Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

who wants to write my OLD profile?

(36 Posts)
FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 15:34:34

Any takers grin ?
Believe it or not I rewrote a strange mans last night..
Too much wine was flicking through Ok cupid. Someone who had viewed me started off his.. been hurt, cheated on blah blah all negative. So I wrote and told him and made a few suggestions. I fully expected a shitty response but he thanked me and told me he had updated it
Sure enough he had. Much better! If anyone is up for the challenge I will provide enough detail for someone to get creative!

handfulofcottonbuds Wed 31-Dec-14 15:46:12

Please don't take this the wrong way Frog but do you feel ready for the harsh world of OLD? I mean that in a nice way thanks

handfulofcottonbuds Wed 31-Dec-14 15:51:33

I feel bad I've said that now sad

MiniTheMinx Wed 31-Dec-14 16:43:45

Hi Frog, I am happy to help, I love writing. I don't have an OLD profile but I do have an online profile for something else which is pretty damn good!

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 16:49:16

Oh handful! ! Don't feel bad! flowers i am not ready for a relationship but I am open enough (no sniggering) to go for a drink.
If anything my boundaries are tighter than ever. You just never know...
I wouldn't dream of wasting anyones time either.
Hope you are well this New Year.

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 16:59:21

Actually its not going to be that easy. My problem is that I feel so lacking in what is 'desirable ' that I feel like giving up before I start. So maybe handful you are right.
I see my downsides as..
I rent a not so nice house in a nice area (I feel that you go up a notch if you 'own' your home.
I am a Managing Director of my own company but I am broke because I put all money back into growth (including my salarysad ) its viable though so this is short term.
I have 2 children whose father doesn't give a shit. No free weekends for me.
I am doomed aren't I?

opalstones Wed 31-Dec-14 17:01:49

Doomed? Are you kidding me?

You're a self made entrepreneurial power woman!

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 17:04:27

I've written a few.

Bright and breezy, short and sweet will do. No need to think about downsides. Tell us your upsides!

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 17:18:11

Ok upsides hobbies n shizzle grin
Run my own company i employ 4 staff including me.
2 lovely children (they really are. Total shits for me though but socially they know how to behave)
I DO enjoy hiking, camping getting up early and running etc etc. I love cooking too.
I did a lot of charity work before Christmas (organisating/collecting Christmas presents for a deprived area )this was actually an accident as i didn't expect my appeal to take off. I am not a philanthropist first and foremost.
What gets to me is my lack of free time (without children ) if I meet anyone it would have to be on a once a week basis. Who is going to want that?
Lack of money. I can't go to marbellla/new York at the drop of a hat last like these oh so cool spontaneous kind of guys seem to want

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 17:26:44

It's all good.

Stop even thinking about the negatives, honestly.

So you're looking for a regular dining/drinking companion because for the moment being an entrepreneur (natch), philanthropist and family ties take precedent. But in the future, who knows - kind of thing???

What personality type or what do you want in a fella? What do you look like too?

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 17:34:02

I don't want someone who is too much into sports (as in whole weekends watching sky) I would like to meet someone who loves the outdoors as much as I do and who works hard. Ideally I would like to meet someone who also works for themselves. Salary isn't an issue but is that requirement too picky?

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 17:39:23

Not too picky at all.

Would love to meet someone who works hard - as I do - ideally someone who runs their own business - so we can compare notes!
If you're good, I will let you come for a 5 k run with me. ;)
Or we can celebrate our work achievements with camping trips- I'm a demon with a frying pan and a pack of noodles...

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 17:41:05

Keep it intelligent, honest (if selective;)) but also a bit flirty.
Plus photos!

Justwanttomoveon Wed 31-Dec-14 17:43:57

I'm no expert in OLD Frog but I don't think you're being too picky. Do understand what you mean about no time though, my ex is also a shit who doesn't see our ds at all (I get no 'time off' at all). Best of luck to you, I hope you find someone decent, you deserve it

Ohbollocksandballs Wed 31-Dec-14 17:46:22

You are NOT doomed.

I may be feeling a bit soppy because I've had a rubbish day but you are exactly the kind of strong, independent entrepreneur I hope to be one day.

Your children must be very proud (although I'm not sure if they are old enough to understand as I don't know their ages!)

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 17:48:32

'I don't have much free time so when I do have time off I like it to be pretty special"

"What I lack in time I make up for in enthusiasm" ;)

Sorry I'm a dreadful online flirt- but really you think your situation is very negative - but it isn't at all- in fact it could really work out with the right person- why not?

handfulofcottonbuds Wed 31-Dec-14 17:55:04

Thank you Frog smile

Okay, you say what man wants to only meet up once a week as you are busy - IME, most men are happy to meet once a fortnight!

Me personally, I wouldn't put that you would rather a business owner or similar as you could be missing out on the one who you would really like to go to drinks with. After all, the business owner may be up to his eyes in debt. You can sort through the ones that you don't want to meet then. It would be different if you were looking for a long term relationship.

I would keep it very light-hearted. Of course mention your DCs but please do not put that they are your world. I cringe at that as it goes without saying and the amount of profiles that say that is way too many.

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 17:57:12

Oh you have all been such a help flowers
handful don't feel bad about earlier post. I'm not even sure if i will go through with it yet. Its just its a funny time of year (no shit) my last OLD profile would send a glass eye to sleep blush

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 18:01:00

Enigmatic/mysterious is better than saying too much.

And a confident tone otherwise you'll get loads of weirdos.

handfulofcottonbuds Wed 31-Dec-14 18:02:33

Give it a go, it's just drinks and chat. I have pm'd you x

MiniTheMinx Wed 31-Dec-14 18:02:44

How would you describe your personality? and what do you do when you have a spare afternoon indoors? what do you do with the dc? What do you read? What would you do if you could do anything at all, anything however crazy? and why are you running a business?

Just trying to get some idea what sort of person you are, rather than just a list of hobbies.

flyingbunnies Wed 31-Dec-14 18:12:15

Rewrite it in the style of Chaucer. At least you'll get interesting 'applicants';)

daisychain01 Wed 31-Dec-14 18:14:45

Maybe a hint of self-depricating humour (shows you don't take yourself too seriously). But not to the extent that you are too critical of yourself, that's not the aim.

Lots of positives about you and a bit of "My version of 'having baggage' is a Tesco Bag-for-Life filled with wine, Pringles and the latest copy of Runner's World". Or summut like that smile

FrogIsATwatInASantaHat Wed 31-Dec-14 18:24:04

Ahh mini when home on an afternoon i perhaps start with Chat, move on to AIBU then pop into relationships..blush
My children. At the last count I had two. I periodically confirm this by roll calls.
Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Three times per week an extra roll call is performed for the expulsion of dirty laundry.
Tonight its Planes Trains and automobiles by my insistence. Tomorrow its the beach to play in the arcades.

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 31-Dec-14 18:24:04

Don't forget a witty profile name. (Ice-breaker;))
Shamelessly steal from mumsnet if necessary...
I'm fond of: sirchenjin, Louis Suarez teeth and eat shit Derek...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now