Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

husband has walked out on us.

(4 Posts)
cherrypie556 Wed 31-Dec-14 11:50:06

We've been together nearly 14 yrs and have 6 kids together (he's another elder child to) we have been so happy nothing really rocky at all.
on halloween he told me he wanted to split that he was off to look at another house. I automatically thought he's got someone else. He denied this. A week later he came back with us both promising to try harder to do more couple stuff. Didn't happen. He still worked all the hours god sends. Beg of Dec he left again after I stayed late at a friends house drinking. He told me he didn't love me as a man should love his wife but he'd always love me and he wants us to be friends again. He came home for xmas week as his eldest was up and we got on fine but I knew it was all fake and that as soon as he took his son home, he'd go back to his brothers. I went out boxing day and kissed someone else, I was very drunk and very lonely. Nothing else happened. Hubby knew about it as I told him and he scarpered again. He came home last night to talk. He told me he doesn't love me anymore and he is never moving back in. He also told me he had been on a date for a meal with someone else and kissed her. I knew instantly who it was as he's already drunkenly admitted to finding her '***** hot' she's 20, he's 35. He also saw her the next day and had a cheeky kiss. He did say they're just mates (this was b4 he told me they'd dated) and still says their onay mates. He's is a adament they haven't had sex, that he doesn't want to as it complicates things. He's then text me today saying he doesn't want to sleep with her and she doesn't with him until he's been checked out- which he won't do so it isn't gonna happen!!! What 'friends' date, kiss and discuss sex?? He promises me thwy haven't done anything. But seems to convienant to me. 3 weeks aft we split he's out with someone else. He said they've been talking for a few months, same amount of time he's been off it with me. I'm devistated ��

Mum4Fergus Wed 31-Dec-14 11:53:39

Regardless if whether they've 'done anything' or not - toss his sorry ass to the kerb and move on. Don't let him in and out of your life/bed like that...you deserve so much more. Good luck...

Justwanttomoveon Wed 31-Dec-14 12:08:22

Im really sorry you are going through this, I'm (finally) coming out the other side of a situation similar to this.
You will feel a whole gamut of emotions right now so try and look after yourself as much as you can, you probably can't eat anything, feel sick and can't imagine ever getting over it. I'm telling you that you will get through this, it is not an easy journey in fact I had the worst year of my life when my ex and I split then got back together to finally splitting for good.(he was seeing ow the whole time).
If you can, try and find your 'practical head' even if it's just for a few minutes each day, gather all financial information you can and make an appt to see a solicitor to find out your rights.
Your priority now is yourself and your dc, keep posting on here, I don't think I'd have come through it without the support of the lovely ladies on here and tell people in rl, people will want to help and support you as much as they can.
Again I'm really sorry you are having to go through this flowers.

Justwanttomoveon Wed 31-Dec-14 12:09:55

I agree with mum, don't allow him in and out! it will just prolong it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now