Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Suggestions for a singleton NYE please!

(14 Posts)
Jujuheyhey Mon 29-Dec-14 09:27:42

I will seeing in the new year as I intend to spend 2015 - alone and single. Trying to get over yet another failed relationship, and think I need to concentrate on some 'me-time'.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites, films and indoor activities to occupy the long cold January nights, and remind me that being single and alone can be a positive thing?

TIA! smile

KindleKind Mon 29-Dec-14 09:29:34

It's just going to be me and a Netflix movie. Also trying to get over a failed relationship and a crush that can't go anywhere.
I might be playing scrabble online too. smile

afreshstartplease Mon 29-Dec-14 09:30:28

I'll be in alone also, probably being text harassed by the ex. Joy.

KindleKind Mon 29-Dec-14 09:40:43

Block his number, afreshstart

afreshstartplease Mon 29-Dec-14 09:43:03

3 dc together unfortunately means I can't just shut him out

superstarheartbreaker Mon 29-Dec-14 09:46:12

I'm going out...alone to a party. If I was staying it it would be Jools Holland and prose co. NYE = Overrated anyway!

superstarheartbreaker Mon 29-Dec-14 09:47:05

I spent last nye with ex and we split a week later anyway! Was a tight idiot!

Jujuheyhey Tue 30-Dec-14 18:47:26

Right, I've scoured netflix and got Eat Pray Love to watch. Expect it will be cheesey but I need feelgood. If that fails I'm going to watch Orange Is the New Black again!

And make myself a big pot of macaroni cheese, with Ben and Jerrys for afters. Or just go to bed at 9.30 and sleep through the whole thing!!

KindleKind Tue 30-Dec-14 19:47:37

I've bought myself some bubbly and some nice food. We'll be okay on our own. smile

ConfusedNC Tue 30-Dec-14 19:59:19

All of the above sounds good to me. I dropped ds off to xhtb this morning. Ex was such a twat, I promptly bought a good bottle of champers which I will toast to my new year without him 2m eve!

I may even start a new thread and spend my evening here. I know it's going to be better than feeling shit cos ex didn't want to celebrate with me. winefsmile

professornangnang Tue 30-Dec-14 20:23:21

Nice champagne or prosecco is a must!

MadeMan Tue 30-Dec-14 22:48:29

NYE is crap.

I will be up late, but not to celebrate; just to watch films/play games because I can have a long lie in next day. smile

countfuckula Wed 31-Dec-14 00:15:40

Game of Thrones marathon, bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, cheesy Doritos & selection of dips. Heavenly way to welcome in 2015 wine fsmile

iwishiwish Wed 31-Dec-14 04:27:24

Reading this thread makes me wish id had the nuts to be on my own this NYE. Esp the mac cheese and Ben & Jerrys.
HNY singletons.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now