Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Heard dp having sex.

(171 Posts)
Disgustedandhurt Sun 28-Dec-14 13:01:42

I received a whatsapp voice message from dps ex on Boxing Day of them having sex I haven't said anything to him yet as I don't know what to do I feel physically sick.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sun 28-Dec-14 13:02:41

Seriously?

Mrsmorton Sun 28-Dec-14 13:03:07

Is this from when they were together? Do you have history with the ex?

Trazzletoes Sun 28-Dec-14 13:04:38

What the hell? Where was DP on Boxing Day? Could it have been from when they were together?

Trazzletoes Sun 28-Dec-14 13:05:36

Also, not to be too indiscreet but how do you know for sure its him? Even if she says his name it could be someone else playing along with it?

onceinagoldenmoon Sun 28-Dec-14 13:07:54

bit more a back story needed here OP.

do u know his whereabouts on boxing day? is there a chance that the recording was from when they were together? what is ur relationship with her like? more importantly what is ur relationship with ur dp like?

there's obviously a lot more to this but in anycase huge alarm bells should be ringing.

Disgustedandhurt Sun 28-Dec-14 13:08:06

He was with her on Christmas day visiting their dd.

The only reason I haven't said anything is because I don't know if it's old or not we have never had a problem with his ex but this has completely thrown me.

hugoagogo Sun 28-Dec-14 13:08:53

Sorry what?

usualsuspect333 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:09:47

Blimey. You need to play him the message and ask him wtf is going on.

Trazzletoes Sun 28-Dec-14 13:10:15

Seriously. Who records themselves having sex?

LIZS Sun 28-Dec-14 13:11:11

Confront him . Is there history ?

Trazzletoes Sun 28-Dec-14 13:11:19

But yes. I'd prob do what usual suggests and watch for his reaction.

MuttonCadet Sun 28-Dec-14 13:11:51

You have to ask him about this, it's a horrible thing to do to you, if she wanted to let you know they'd had sex there are other ways.

Keep an open mind, this could have been an old recording, or it might not be him.

thanks

whattodoowiththeleftoverturkey Sun 28-Dec-14 13:12:03

Play it to him and watch his face.

GraysAnalogy Sun 28-Dec-14 13:12:33

I'm not 100% sure it can be old if it's on whatsapp. It doesn't store them does it, and you can't upload old videos or photos?

You won't be able to play it again will you?

phoenixrose314 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:13:22

Don't make assumptions. Wait until you have a few hours in the evening, sit him down and say "we need to talk" - play the message and then ask him if he would like to explain.

Don't say anything.

You'll be able to tell from his reaction whether or not he is guilty. Don't rage or he'll get defensive. (Of course you can then rage afterwards).

mindifidont Sun 28-Dec-14 13:14:08

Grays, no you can upload recorded stuff to whatsapp. You might be thinking of snapchat or something.

Lweji Sun 28-Dec-14 13:14:22

Are you saying, Grays, that she must have recorded it on Whatsapp during sex?

I think I might call her first and ask what was that all about.
Then him.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 13:14:30

It doesn't store them does it, and you can't upload old videos or photos?

You can on whatsapp, i think its snapchat that you cant upload old stuff on.

RonaldMcFartNuggets Sun 28-Dec-14 13:16:11

Sounds like they pressed the microphone button while at it

RonaldMcFartNuggets Sun 28-Dec-14 13:16:33

How the hell have you not said anything?!

InfinitySeven Sun 28-Dec-14 13:17:07

It could be old.

Play it. Don't say anything, just play it and watch him. See what he says.

Adarajames Sun 28-Dec-14 13:17:37

It could be old, stored on a phone, then Sent at any time via whatsapp. Best thing is to ask him, hopefully its just spite from her and he knows nothing about it

stitch10yearson Sun 28-Dec-14 13:17:45

she sounds like a horrible person. Even if it was them, which i doubt, sending that to you is mean and nasty and petty. I would block her, but tell your dp what a horrible nasty woman she is and why you are blocking her.

Disgustedandhurt Sun 28-Dec-14 13:18:02

It was definitely him you could hear them talking before and after. I haven't seen him yet to confront him as I'm away at my parents I don't know how he. Could do this to me it's sick she knew what she was doing I feel as though someone has torn my heart out of my chest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now