Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Snogging my ex on Christmas Day

(7 Posts)
madmother1 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:50:46

I've been separated from my DS for nearly 4 years now. As we do not have partners we tend to spend Christmas Day with our teenage children. It has always worked. This year, though, we got a bit tipsy and ended up snogging on the sofa!! The DC were obviously out of the room. He said he missed me and it was very sad that we were apart.
I'm all of a tizzy now. Too much water has gone under the bridge to go back. I have told him that we'd both had a lot to drink and that we should forget about it. I'm still feeling confused...

Nomama Sat 27-Dec-14 12:00:32

Ah, memories. You were just caught up in the sweet, maudlin, fuzziness that Christmas brings out in us all.

Tell him thanks, but no more.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 27-Dec-14 12:01:32

Sounds as though you have said what needs to be said. Put it down to a stupid, drunken mistake and forget about it.

spinduchess Sat 27-Dec-14 12:03:20

Aw, everybody loves an ill-judged Christmas snog!

Pretend it never happened fgrin

Sickoffrozen Sat 27-Dec-14 14:46:49

I once shagged my exh on Xmas eve night for no reason other than a small conversation about old times etc....he was staying over as it was first Xmas apart from our DC.

Don't think his new partner would have liked it much but it reaffirmed what a cheat he was and as he left me for her I didn't lose any sleep over it.....in fact I didn't get much sleep that night grin

It didn't happen again.

I would just get those confused thoughts out of the head and remember the reasons why you aren't together any more!

kittensinmydinner Sat 27-Dec-14 14:54:17

I know plenty of remarried couples (well 5 actually) one couple had been married, divorced, married other people then divorced and remarried each other. If you have been separated 4 yrs and neither has another relationship then there is nothing to stop you both trying again. Sounds like he is definitely interested and you are thinking on the same lines (despite protestations to the contrary) or you wouldn't be furiously over analysing and posting on here.....wink

madmother1 Sat 27-Dec-14 16:40:40

I think today I feel a bit clearer. We separated for loads of reasons. I'm just feeling all nostalgic as it's Christmas!!! He cheated on me years ago when I was pregnant so I have to remember those times. We continued to be married, up to 23 years and despite him cheating and I had another child, but it was never the same. I think I need to start dating to see if I can get over the comfortable way he makes me feel. He came round today to take my son out and he didn't try to kiss me again - it was all very back to normal. Thanks for all your advice. Happy New Year to you all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now