Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Well this is a worrying development

(6 Posts)
AWholeLottaNosy Sat 27-Dec-14 11:11:57

Abusers using tracking devices to cyber stalk their victims. Chilling...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/exclusive-abusers-using-spyware-apps-to-monitor-partners-reaches-epidemic-proportions-9945881.html

FunkyBoldRibena Sat 27-Dec-14 11:13:52

I saw that - really frightening.

heyday Sat 27-Dec-14 11:26:06

Your link doesn't open.
Ex bf of my daughter was tracking her movements through her phone and iPad. He was very abusive and she was in hiding from him so thank god we found out in time so we could change phone sim and immobilise iPad.
The world of technology can be wonderful but it can also be quite terrifying at times.

TheCheeseBoardStinks Sat 27-Dec-14 11:28:10

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/exclusive-abusers-using-spyware-apps-to-monitor-partners-reaches-epidemic-proportions-9945881.html

Anacoreta Sat 27-Dec-14 12:01:50

DS was sent home with a very old looking phone that had a big capacity memory card in it. The phone camera was so basic and blurry, I didn't understand the need for such memory card. DS told me it belonged to exH's new partner and he needed to be very careful with it.

We also noticed that many calls DS made to his dad at that time, were not recorded in the phone (at a time when his dad was punishing harshly if he failed to ring his dad every day).

ExH went ballistic and demanded the old phone back when I replaced the handset a couple of years later.

ExH's earns almost a six figure salary, so I found it strange of him to get so angry about a handset that was probably about 10 years old.

I know his partner's dad is a retired policeman, that she has embezzled funds and that ExH used to park for hours outside my house when he was already living with her (I never thought it was because he still loved me but because he thought that if he saw a man coming in or out of the house, it would affect the ongoing separation of assets court process, on his favour).

Shall I be worried?

TheCheeseBoardStinks Sat 27-Dec-14 12:10:28

Does your DS use the phone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now