Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bitter sweet day

(5 Posts)
Lostandfounddad Thu 25-Dec-14 21:52:43

Had my beautiful little ones yesterday and for most of today. Lovely morning opening presents and playing, before a tasty lunch. Then late in the afternoon dropped them off at former in-laws for the ex to pick them up later.
Home was very empty empty when I got home, and feeling pretty lousy now.
Do you know the thing I most get annoyed by? That all the great moments with the smalls, that I should be treasuring, are tarnished by me reminiscing or wishing ex was sharing it with us. I feel so stupid, it's been 2 years since she left me yet I'm not over her. It's a horrible combination of hate and love I feel for her and I just can't seem to free myself of it, or her.

CalleighDoodle Thu 25-Dec-14 21:54:20

Hugs x

Xmas2014Santa2014 Thu 25-Dec-14 21:55:45

sad

Hissy Thu 25-Dec-14 22:07:27

oh love, i'm so sorry sad

it's ok to feel sad about this. it IS sad, and you have a right to your feelings.

christmas is the hardest part of the year for families that are divided

Cabs1 Mon 29-Dec-14 23:39:15

Hope you've survived Christmas. It is hard. This post really touched me, you can't help how you feel and are honest about it. The love / hate thing is so true. You sound like a good dad and I'm sure it will get easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now