Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

No tears shed today in my house

(5 Posts)
JaceLancs Thu 25-Dec-14 17:40:00

This is unusual in our household - can only think of one other year where someone has not got upset on Christmas Day
My partner suffers from depression, low self esteem and has been nc (justifiably so) with his abusive family for last 15 years
Unfortunately Xmas is a difficult time for him, sometimes he turns it inwardly others takes it out on me or my young adult children
Before I get a chorus of LTB - we do not live together anymore I asked him to move out 7 years ago to save my sanity and improve quality of life for my offspring
However I still love and care for him, MH issues are not always easily solved and I am in a better stronger position to help and look after myself if I keep some distance
This year he is in not too bad a place, but also now my children are older we plan in advance to try and avoid stressful situations - this year it worked!!!!
Feeling v pleased
Lovely meal, nice presents, happy ish people. DP has now pottered back to his place with a smile on face - pile of gifts, and some snacks
I am now off to visit my elderly parents, my darling Dad is nearly 90 riddled with cancer and just recovering from heart surgery - so I am glad I can arrive with a smile on my face to give him a big hug too

Jace

JollyJingle Thu 25-Dec-14 18:19:14

Hope your holiday continues well despite all the difficulties.

Happy Christmas indeed fsmile

LuisSuarezTeeth Thu 25-Dec-14 18:23:59

Lovely story, except of course your Dad. Enjoy the rest of your day fsmile

redcaryellowcar Thu 25-Dec-14 18:38:33

Well done op, sounds like you nailed it. Hope your dad is ok, imagine he'll be delighted to see you.

Meerka Thu 25-Dec-14 20:06:17

aww lovely to hear smile happy rest-of-christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now