Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sick to the back teeth of putting on a brave face

(6 Posts)
Euphemia Thu 25-Dec-14 17:06:27

I seem forever to be putting on a brave face rather than getting annoyed and expressing how I really feel.

My dad died last Hogmanay, and was ill for three years before that. In all that time, my mum has never visited us and never phones. I'm expected to do all the running. (Three-hour round drive.)

I've been given a role at work that I hate and didn't want. I'm continuałly being told to cover for absent collegues, which means I waste a lot of time planning things I never get to do.

I'm sick of DH's moods. He hates Christmas, and has been moody for weeks. He woke up this morning giving big sighs, cheered himself up for a while and now is back to big sighs and swearing at gadgets he can't work.

I feel like running away with DD and starting again.

FunkyBoldRibena Thu 25-Dec-14 17:32:41

I feel like running away with DD and starting again.

Got for it. Seize the moment.

something2say Thu 25-Dec-14 17:54:32

Never hold yourself in this much. Life will die.

Pastmyduedate0208 Thu 25-Dec-14 18:03:35

Make plans for the new year to re-train or look for a job suited to

Tell your mum you can't maintain a one way relstionship with her, and you DP how he depresses you. Hide your own feelings less.

nrv0us Thu 25-Dec-14 18:06:09

I'm not sure this sounds like an LTB scenario -- but need more info. How is DH generally, when it's not Xmas?

Euphemia Thu 25-Dec-14 19:29:21

He's moody most of the time. Hates his job, not qualified for anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now