Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's being awkward

(66 Posts)
jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 10:49:24

Well the guy I spent all my time with alone on the Xmas works do kissing and cuddling till 5 in morn now acting awkward and off with me �� and doesn't rember much as he had too much to drink... How am I supposed to take that

bluebell345 Thu 25-Dec-14 10:51:14

I think its best if he doesn't remember then you forget all of it, too.

oswellkettleblack Thu 25-Dec-14 10:54:32

Move on.

GaryBaldy Thu 25-Dec-14 10:56:41

Yep put it behind you.

FolkGirl Thu 25-Dec-14 10:56:47

You're supposed to take it at face value.

You were both pissed at the works xmas do; you snogged; it wouldn't have happened otherwise; you thought it meant something; he didn't realise you'd think it meant something... the drunken snogging of colleagues at the Christmas do is to be left at the Christmas do.

jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 10:58:23

Well he's acting an ass only remembers bits... Why act so shirty thou

oswellkettleblack Thu 25-Dec-14 11:03:32

Because he feels it was a mistake and he's a knobber. Just blank him and forget it happened.

FolkGirl Thu 25-Dec-14 11:03:48

Because he does remember but isn't interested in pursuing anything/regrets it/feels embarrassed so is pretending he doesn't remember as much as he thinks he can get away with.

He probably feels a bit awkward because he realises you're viewing it differently.

Or he's married/has a gf and feels guilty

EhricJinglingHisBallsOnHigh Thu 25-Dec-14 11:10:27

He's not interested in a repeat, sorry.

jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 11:29:41

I've been ok with him it's him being weird with me and we do work side by side...he was alone with me for so long thou

Hissy Thu 25-Dec-14 16:50:51

sorry love, but exaclty how needy do you need to be?

he's a twat, he fancied a bit of nonsense and got it, now he doesn't want to know anymore.

grab your dignity with both hands, chin up, tits out, teeth shown and carry on.

think like water off a ducks back. moping around after a fumble is going to make you look an idiot, don't let that happen. got it?

come on! you're better than that!

FunkyBoldRibena Thu 25-Dec-14 16:55:22

sorry love, but exactly how needy do you need to be?

^

You had a christmas do snog. Haven't we all. Get over it!

jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 17:49:50

I'm not desperate... Just he was with me all night and if it was for a bit of nonsense he would've done his best to get into bed

JeanSeberg Thu 25-Dec-14 17:53:46

Delete his number and take the hint!

FolkGirl Thu 25-Dec-14 20:41:46

Look we've all done it. I've snogged plenty of people when I've been drunk. Some men think it means you 'like' them, some take it at face value. Annoyingly, some think I'll think it's more than it is because I'm a womam and that's what we do... hmm

But I've never assumed a drunken snog is any more than that. And if I really liked a man, I wouldn't snog him at a works do when drunk. It's a bit too tacky for anything serious ;-)

FolkGirl Thu 25-Dec-14 20:42:50

Well, not plenty...

magpieginglebells Thu 25-Dec-14 20:46:14

Sounds like he was pissed, had a snog and a bit of a snog and now he's embarrassed and wants to forget it!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 25-Dec-14 21:44:20

I can't believe you're still pining for this guy. You had great advice on your other thread and nothing has changed... NOTHING.

He's not interested. You can carry on moping and building the snog up in your head - or you can move on and maybe find a nice guy to be with. The choices is yours but this guy is not available to you, he just isn't. I don't know what he has to do to drive the message home but you work alongside each other... don't make yourself a pathetic laughing stock, please don't.

LadyLuck10 Thu 25-Dec-14 22:01:06

You're acting desperate now. It was just a bit of fun, yet you've taken this to another level. Just move on.

jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 22:45:53

Why isn't he available? Even if he was drunk you're npt all over someone all night without nada there

CinnabarRed Thu 25-Dec-14 22:49:14

Because he doesn't want you. I'm truly sorry, but he doesn't. Surely you've drunkenly snogged people you don't really fancy? That's what's happened here. That's why he's unavailable.

dirtybadger Thu 25-Dec-14 22:51:16

jl1983 you aren't. Some people are. Plenty of people actually.

jl1983 Thu 25-Dec-14 22:59:31

But as u don't know him how world u know... He was with me for hrs alone all over me we didn't have sex not the action in my book of someone who doesn't fancy the other person

dirtybadger Thu 25-Dec-14 23:00:59

Okay, so ask him? Problem solved.

Notfootball Thu 25-Dec-14 23:04:20

It was just a snog jl1983 and it means nothing. I've done it loads of times, got drunk, snogged someone like I loved them then not wanted to see them again. It seems he doesn't fancy you so please don't make an arse of yourself. Just enjoy it for what it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now