Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

From feeling " loved up" to feeling numb.

(9 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Tue 23-Dec-14 21:39:32

Has anyone experienced this? A month ago I was still vaguely obsessed. He was treading on very thin ice though and after one last red flag/ let down I snapped. All feeling seeped away and I just feel numb. Not even heart broken. I find this numb feeling a bit wierd.

I not even in shock... Tbh it's a relief but I went from obsessing over all his sexy qualities to being majorly pissed off then nothingness. ( and also a bit embarrassed that I'd been keen for so long! )

It's good but wierd. I feel very confused also and don't trust instincts.

Chocaholicmonster Tue 23-Dec-14 21:44:58

I'm guessing your numbness is your bodies way of dealing with whatever has happened. It's almost like your emotions have shut down to prevent you from hurting. Everyone deals with various upsets in life their own ways, this is obviously your way. I tend to do the same & block out emotions. There's no sadness, tears, anger, happiness. Just... nothing.

Hope you start to feel yourself again soon x

CogitOIOIO Tue 23-Dec-14 21:52:15

I think it's a normal way to respond when you're past caring. 'Indifference'

JollyJingle Tue 23-Dec-14 22:07:44

I agree it's just indifference. Why would you be sobbing and gloomy over dumping a first class prat? No need to be joyous either so there's on,y indifference left.

It's a great emotion in the circumstances.

AcrossthePond55 Tue 23-Dec-14 22:40:42

How long were you together? If it was a relatively short relationship I'd say you've just gone from infatuation to reality. If long term, I agree with Chocaholic, it's just your body's way of dealing with the breakup.

Just relax and enjoy the peace of not being frustrated or irritated with him.

CogitOIOIO Tue 23-Dec-14 22:44:22

I had a similar experience of being left with zero emotion after having spent what felt like ages lusting over a particular bloke, going on a date and then discovering that there was zero spark in the snogging department! I think the contrast between the expectation and the reality was so vast that all feeling simply evaporated

superstarheartbreaker Tue 23-Dec-14 23:29:18

I do still to hink he's courageous, sexy, charismatic, a good fuck, intelligent and amazing but in the end his communication was so bad ( ie non-existent) that I couldn't do it any more.
It's a bugger when you really like them but their behaviour is baffling/ intolerable.

FolkGirl Wed 24-Dec-14 00:17:33

It's just because you don't give a shit anymore.

Anyway, you're supposed to be off men for a bit wink so it's probably something to do with that.

Neechy Wed 24-Dec-14 00:33:15

I feel the same, 16 months of my precious life down the drain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now