Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I being bullied into submission?

(2 Posts)
CostaRicanBananas Mon 22-Dec-14 21:23:22

Dp hasn't been himself this week and has been trying to blame me for everything. He's got money issues, and I know he's feeling humiliated for having to ask me etc, and his massive ego struggles with those things. He's had his 12 & 8 yo over for a few days and I organised all sorts, got stockings done and arranged a day trip to London's Winter Wonderland. It all kicked off when the boys let it slip that they knew as their mum had told them. I got angry as it was supposed to be a surprise, but also DP constantly reporting to the ex. Instead of talking to me and being sympathetic that I was disappointed, he started shouting and swearing in front of the children. When we got to London, I left the pre-booked tickets with them and went off with DS. DP did try to speak to me but, and especially after his huff and puff about going away until the new year, I told him that I didn't want to hear anymore (and that the way he had behaved was unacceptable). He's potentially left us stranded as well, or would have done if I hadn't got us on earlier train back home. How can somebody who shows you so much love and affection turn into this?

CogitOIOIO Mon 22-Dec-14 22:19:53

You say 'this week' suggesting this is a short term change in behaviour rather than a repeated pattern. Sounds like you need to make space to talk, give him the chance to apologise and part of that apology has to be him taking much more responsibility a) for his money problems and b) for his children's gifts and entertainment.

FWIW I think anyone described as having a 'massive ego' is just a red flag in human form.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now