Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Happy stories please, if you were at least in your 30s, single mother and now in a relationship!

(17 Posts)
fourlegstwolegs Sun 21-Dec-14 20:43:19

That. I am feeling down and need cheering up! The media is all doom and gloom and that if you aren't married by your late 30s you've had it. Add children into the mix and it seems there's more chance of winning the euromillions than ending up happily married.
So tell me your happy tales and cheer me up please smile

operaha Sun 21-Dec-14 20:52:58

I met dp when I was 34 and in an awfully emotionally abusive relationship, three kids. When i realised what life could/should be I left my partner so I could be single.
Got to know dp, took it slow, been together 2 years, never been happier.
It happens!

MadeMan Sun 21-Dec-14 20:54:37

"The media is all doom and gloom and that if you aren't married by your late 30s you've had it."

Don't take any notice of the media.

MadameJosephine Sun 21-Dec-14 20:55:02

I was divorced with a 3 year old DS at 28 just when all my friends were starting to get married and have babies. We were a team of 2 for a long time and became very close as a result, I became fiercely independent and trained for a new career as a midwife. I was happy being single but when I was 35 I decided the time was right for a new relationship so I started online dating and after a year and a lot of first dates I met my DP. We've been together for 8 years now and have a fabulous 2 year old DD. Its never too late!

LadyBlaBlah Sun 21-Dec-14 21:02:31

Why do you need a man?

fourlegstwolegs Sun 21-Dec-14 21:04:09

I want one. Surely there's nothing wrong with that. It's the way I am.

Wotsitsareafterme Sun 21-Dec-14 21:04:22

I'm 35 and divorced and in a relationship. My dc are 5 and 2. I dunno if marriage is on the cards but we are happy grin

RabbitIssue Sun 21-Dec-14 21:05:23

Was 31 and recently divorced with 18 m old dd when I met dp online. Been together now 8 years and have 2 dd smile

pinkbraces Sun 21-Dec-14 21:07:50

I was divorced at 34, with a young DD. Met my now DH when my DD was 10, we are now married. Please stand away from all forms of media!

I was also very happy to be single as well.

Just get enjoying your life, you dont know whats round the corner.

imip Sun 21-Dec-14 21:08:18

Not me, but a friend divorced in her early 30s with a toddler. About 6 years later she met her dp, they are now have a 8 yo son together and she is in her mid40s

TravelinColour Sun 21-Dec-14 21:13:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mummyoftwobeautifulpoppets Sun 21-Dec-14 21:39:42

Watching this thread with interest! Well done OP for starting it smile I'm 36 2DC and have just started seeing someone lovely but it's early days, watch this space!

Out of interest (and sorry to hijack), but where did most of you with lovely success stories meet your now DP/DH..? Online?

avocadogreen Sun 21-Dec-14 21:49:31

Just waving... I'm 35, separated for 10 months, 2 DC. I'm doing the whole internet dating thing right now and it's actually quite fun.. reminds me of being in my early 20s smile No mr right yet but me and the DC are happy.

MadeMan Sun 21-Dec-14 21:56:52

"...but me and the DC are happy."

Happy that you're doing online dating, or just happy? smile

avocadogreen Sun 21-Dec-14 22:01:07

Well just happy! Online dating is just a weird but entertaining bonus for when I don't have the kids wink

MadeMan Sun 21-Dec-14 22:04:46

Good good. smile

Yeah online dating can be a bit strange and also an eye opener at times.

Mummyoftwobeautifulpoppets Sun 21-Dec-14 22:11:13

Agree it's a little weird but entertaining too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now