Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

would you be furious...

(8 Posts)
whatisforteamum Fri 19-Dec-14 20:38:40

I tried to get cover today as ive had this headache,temp achey thing and the kids both have had it worse.Anyway no one could cover me (although ive covered them plenty but it was short notice.
Made myself go into work and got stuck in as we are busy.Before service i go for a pee the staff loo is upstairs.As i walk past the bosses office he said "i will dock that out your wages" WTF!!
A joke you may think but he does dock money off the smokers.I dont smoke or use my mobile at work.
I cant believe the man who knows my Dad is terminally ill and that my husband has had several health issues and been for tests can be such a pratt.I know he hates women ,his ex has the kids more than him.
we dont get tea breaks so often work 6 or 8 hrs.Surely 2 wees possibly 3 in that time isnt too much.I even dry my hands walking back to the kitchen .
I am f..ing furious right now and feel he shouldnt be watching or commenting on such things.
I always go before work in my own time and have doubled my hrs recently to help him out when others have phoned in.Am i too sensitive as my homelife is stressful now DH has ED too,or is my boss a bully ?

bunchoffives Fri 19-Dec-14 20:41:32

not just a bully but his behaviour and conditions of employment are illegal. get in touch with ACAS.

financialwizard Fri 19-Dec-14 20:45:17

Is he Ebenezer Scrooge? What a tosser.

HadleyHemingway Fri 19-Dec-14 20:55:29

That's illegal. He can't penalise you for going to the loo. Why are you taking it?

RandomNPC Fri 19-Dec-14 20:58:48

Join a union

CupidStuntSurvivor Fri 19-Dec-14 21:13:59

Nope, he can't dock your wages for going to the loo.

Why is this in Relationships?

whatisforteamum Fri 19-Dec-14 21:17:54

I did snap take money off the men for poo breaks( 10 mins).One guy was leaving and had won a bonus the previous month.When he gave notice he was told he lost the bonus as it was an incentive to stay.the poor man he been selling his socks off.
Another worked 12pm till 4 am and found out he hadnt been paid.He said he was told it would be unpaid so the lad left.
Ive had one bout of sickleave in over 8 yrs.Always on time reliable i feel hurt.
Bunchoffives,i need to contact Acas regarding heavy weights we lift as he told me i can lift 4!/2 STONE.

whatisforteamum Sun 21-Dec-14 10:10:42

Yup after turning up at 845 for a meeting this sunday only to find it had been cancelled i am furious and calling Acas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now