Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you know who I am thinking about this afternoon?

(13 Posts)
Vivacia Fri 19-Dec-14 15:33:48

I guess it's the time of the year, but I've found myself thinking about all of those posters who have written about being in terrible circumstances and their threads have just faded away.

Abusive relationships, dangerous partners, coming to terms with being raped, becoming aware that their relationship is not healthy or acceptable...

I guess that things are the same or worse for them and I wonder how they're doing this week.

Vivacia Fri 19-Dec-14 15:34:51

So... I meant to ask, "Which past posters are thinking you of?".

dadwood Fri 19-Dec-14 15:38:35

Celestria

MadeMan Fri 19-Dec-14 16:06:50

They might still be on here, but using changed names...

Windywenceslas Fri 19-Dec-14 16:08:53

There was a woman who was is an extremely abusive relationship. She sounded so broken by the whole thing. I don't want to put the details here and I don't know what happened to her in the end, but I think about her a lot and hope she's happy.

CoconutAmericano Fri 19-Dec-14 16:37:40

There was a lady posting under the name andwhooshtheyweregone around this time last year. She was planning on leaving her abusive partner around february time. She was making plans. I think of her often and I really hope she got away and is happy now.

AskMeAnother Fri 19-Dec-14 16:42:47

yes, all the people in difficult circumstances, there are plenty of them. and the people who are so needy they have to make up things to post, just for the attention. i'm serious, they must be sad cases.

Wotsitsareafterme Fri 19-Dec-14 20:38:05

I was one in from 2010 to 2012. I ltb! Things are great grin

Vivacia Fri 19-Dec-14 21:40:18

Aw, that's great Wotsits. I was hoping we'd have posts like that smile

Pippinlongsocks Sat 20-Dec-14 10:27:29

Me too... I changed my whole life for the better for me and my DS. It wasn't easy but it was possible even though at times I didn't think it would happen and I felt really desperate. I have never been happier. I also couldn't have done it without the support of some truly fab friends and my family.

Windywenceslas Sat 20-Dec-14 14:29:54

Good for you Pippin, I love good news updates fsmile

Handywoman Sat 20-Dec-14 14:43:49

Me too. I am incredibly proud of how I've totally rebuilt my life this year. It's just me and the girls now. I have such a happy home (which is now totally redecorated and unrecognisable, new front door went on last week). People comment on the lovely vibe in this house. My kids are happy and supported and nurtured, it's a 'can do' positive place, the kids know I'll support them with anything a that's important. Eldest is secondary school, doing fine despite the scales falling from here eyes re: her dad.

I have a new, wonderful man in my life who is teaching me so much about myself and what a loving, respectful, equal relationship can be.

I still see my counsellor, she reminds me that I'm still recovering....

I have a fab job, amazing friends, good work/life balance.

The ex: well he's little more than a babysitter now. Screw him.

Never been so happy since having children. Here's to 2015 and to getting divorced and reclaiming my original name!!
smile

Vivacia Sat 20-Dec-14 14:51:24

Well done Handy, I think it's so important for people to read posts like that when they are so far down and can't see a way out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now