Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thread gone?

(61 Posts)
bumpthedoor Thu 18-Dec-14 13:33:20

The one about the husband on a course for work. Was it deleted or is it still there somewhere?

FelicityGubbins Thu 18-Dec-14 13:40:54

I presume it was a troll hmm

bumpthedoor Thu 18-Dec-14 13:43:23

I'm getting better at seeing the signs. Oh well.

gaggiagirl Thu 18-Dec-14 13:48:03

<dons detective hat> the OP made a really odd spelling mistake, the same odd spelling mistake was used in.two other threads. As far as I know they were deleted too.
The odd mistake was in the opening post so I did wonder. I didn't report it because just that spelling mistake isn't a reason to call troll even though I was thinking it.

NollaigShona Thu 18-Dec-14 13:48:25

Yup. I reckoned it was a madey uppy thread.
Feckin trolls.

AskMeAnother Thu 18-Dec-14 13:51:44

Its only light entertainment. It doesn't matter, except in that it makes mn seem unreliable.

12daysofpissedoff Thu 18-Dec-14 13:52:10

I had a suspicion when he got home, and the OP was posting details about what went on about one hour later ... Was also a bit hmm about a work course lasting a month

PrivatePike Thu 18-Dec-14 13:54:15

Thought that one was trollish - I think it's the real time updates throughout dreadfully stressful marriage break up thing. I mean really, who does that?

FelicityGubbins Thu 18-Dec-14 13:57:52

I thought it was odd that he went to bed at 9.15 and was snoring away long before the op found his phone after ages searching by 9.39! I remember the times because I actually did a double take and went back to check..

viruswithhold Thu 18-Dec-14 13:59:52

What! Really a troll again, had me fooled.

Minus2seventy3 Thu 18-Dec-14 14:01:25

There are posters on MN who read such threads and offer help and advice. It's what the site is about, yes? (And the reason I signed up - needing advice, not initially offering it.)
There are others who read them like an episode of Eastenders, awaiting developments with an almost gushing, sickening glee when the man is indeed revealed as a nasty piece of work and the voices can rejoice in one loud chorus of "LTB!!!"
When the latter type of poster (whom I'd like to think are rarer?) stop clamouring for the next episode, perhaps the trolls will tire.

VitalStollenFix Thu 18-Dec-14 14:03:08

was that the one where the poster was going to use the thread as a 'log'?

Yeah, they're always real. grin

MorrisZapp Thu 18-Dec-14 14:03:55

Don't blame honest posters for the behaviour of trolls.

Mind you, the designer pants did seem a bit of a giveaway. And updating after seeing him getting out of ow car.

gaggiagirl Thu 18-Dec-14 14:09:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JohnFarleysRuskin Thu 18-Dec-14 14:14:13

Don't give away how you work it out ;) The twat is probably reading this.

Listen, twat-face, you need help. Really.

RandomNPC Thu 18-Dec-14 14:15:29

I was really taken in by that one blush

Vivacia Thu 18-Dec-14 14:16:36

Why would you advertise that gaggia?

gaggiagirl Thu 18-Dec-14 14:17:17

Bollocks! Good point john I'll get that post removed!

RightHereRightNow Thu 18-Dec-14 14:19:13

I had my suspicions as everything seemed to be happened too quickly but I'm quite pleased it was a troll, that means that some poor woman isn't really having to face that awful situation.

GingerbreadPudding Thu 18-Dec-14 14:20:02

It's really sad as I really feel for the poster and also the threads make me worry about my own relationship too. Just sad.

PrivatePike Thu 18-Dec-14 14:20:34

That's a good way of looking at it RightHere

NamesNick Thu 18-Dec-14 14:21:17

taken in! blush

buggars

NamesNick Thu 18-Dec-14 14:25:28

and anyway, who the hell hides their phone on top of a kitchen cupboard?

and who covers the computer screen with their arms when you don't want someone to see what you're looking at - surely you minimise the screen?

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Dec-14 14:28:31

Hullo all,

Trolls are vair annoying, and we get that it can be really galling to find out a thread you've take time on wasn't genuine - but just wanted to say why totally get that people feel the need to discuss trolls, but tbh the more you can keep schtum about, the better, as it starves trolls of the oxygen they crave, and doesn't tip them off about how you spot them!

LoisPuddingLane Thu 18-Dec-14 14:29:04

haha oh suckered again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now