Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you are suffering from bad PMT and tell your partner, do you think they should treat you gently?

(8 Posts)
goldglitterystar Tue 16-Dec-14 15:57:27

I ask because my recent didn't. We have split up now, but one thing he was not very good at (to name a few) was not be particularly sympathetic/empathetic when I had PMT.

When I get PMT, I get tearful, moody and grumpy. I'm quite an open person so would always tell him I have PMT so he wouldn't think that it had anything to do with him. But he never really took it on board. He would say my moodiness was me blowing hot and cold, and made out I was being deliberately down just to get at him.

So if you have PMT, and you let your partner know, do you expect a certain leeway from him to treat you abit gently? How would a decent partner treat you?

goldglitterystar Tue 16-Dec-14 15:58:00

Or do you think PMT is no excuse for being a bit moody and down?

dadwood Tue 16-Dec-14 16:09:44

I give my wife leeway if she is upset or tired for any reason including PMT. Nobody is at full coping strength all the time.

iwantaginsoakedXmas Tue 16-Dec-14 16:11:25

I warn DH that I might be a bit grumpy (grumpier than usual). He is v understanding and lets me grump away.

I don't know if i would be as patientwith him. fgrin

PennyPinkleton Tue 16-Dec-14 16:16:09

I always accuse my DH of winding me up when I have PMT, however I do think it's my perception and he's not doing anything differently. I do believe the whole world is against me before Aunt Flo pays her bastard monthly visit fgrin

loopylou6 Tue 16-Dec-14 16:27:25

I tell my dh I'm suffering PMT and apologise in advance for any bitchy behaviour

Footlight Tue 16-Dec-14 16:30:17

My dh knows I have pmt before I do, and gives me a wide berth lots of sympathy and understanding.

fieldfare Tue 16-Dec-14 16:40:03

My dh is lovely, but even more so when I have pmt. I get hormonal migraines and the two days prior to my period are horrible. He's just lovely - very tolerant of me being stroppy, gives me lots of cuddles, makes sure dinner is taken care of, comes home with chocolate and will heat my wheat bag up, give me a foot rub and provide me with cups of tea and painkillers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now