Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Finding good counselling

(2 Posts)
polymath Mon 15-Dec-14 22:46:05

Been a while since I posted last, was hoping if anyone can point me in the best direction for counselling, without going down the GP route if possible . Life is stable, DS and I are making it work now STBXW is out of the picture but all this spare time has given me some time for some (perhaps overdue) reflection. Without going into a whole lot of detail, as a youth and as an adult I've experienced some quite traumatic events (as an adult both personally and in a professional capacity) that I now recognise I need some help dealing with.

Festivelybereft Mon 15-Dec-14 22:53:49

I booked myself in for a 'Talk Therapy Session' today after an event threw my short comings into focus.

They gave me a two hour assessment appointment for January to see if I would benefit from a course of treatment and which type.

I'm already registered with my local mental health team so maybe ithat affects the speed but if it's wait time that puts you off gp call and check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now