Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do I pick the wrong friends or is it me?

(6 Posts)
greener2 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:54:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nilbyname Mon 15-Dec-14 22:00:34

Not saying that you do, but are you sometimes too vocal in your opinions? Do you speak up or chip in when perhaps its not wanted or appropriate?

Friendships wax and wane, try not to get hung up on why people are not calling etc. if you want to see someone who cares if you're ringing?

3BloodyKids Mon 15-Dec-14 22:04:16

I don't know, I think all people change, so all our relationships change too.

People come and go for a variety of reasons in our lives shrug

greener2 Mon 15-Dec-14 22:09:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HootOnTheBeach Mon 15-Dec-14 23:13:08

Sounds like a lot of dramarama tbh, perhaps you do pick the wrong people. I can relate to the fiancé point though. When I was a student I couldn't afford to attend a friend's hen do because I was a poor student. She thought it was unreasonable that I couldn't pay for travel, accommodation, chip in for big gift, dinner, night out and limo - and uninvited me to her wedding. Since getting engaged she too had not been in contact, it was always me making the first move to meet up and she would be very flaky. I realised I just didn't mean that much to her. It was unpleasant but you have to let it go and look for friends elsewhere.

Drumdrum60 Tue 16-Dec-14 16:53:10

Some friends come in and out of our lives and it's best not to be hurt or judgemental. Not judging is key to keeping friends I think.

Or acting like we are hurt by not texting or phoning first. Everyone has stuff going on and lives change.

Just keep happy and busy and friends will come to you.
Oh! And don't be defensive that's always a killer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now