Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dating someone on the rebound

(7 Posts)
rumred Sun 14-Dec-14 20:29:35

Advice please. Is it wise? is it ok? any experiences that help me decide if its wise for me to do this or not? I'm not on the rebound but have been on a date with someone who I reckon is- her relationship ended a month ago when she discovered her ex had cheated. she seems clear its completely over.

We know one another already so I know shes sound. Im just a bit worried about starting something that is destined to fail, if indeed it is

All views appreciated

holdyourown Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:12

how long was she with her ex for?

CalleighDoodle Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:23

It is destined to fail.

Trills Sun 14-Dec-14 20:43:35

I dated someone when I was "on the rebound" and it lasted for 7 years.

Of course I knew how well I was dealing with it, because I was that person.

rumred Sun 14-Dec-14 20:43:57

she was with her 5 years. so significant. and they are still friends, which seems odd but I didn't know them as a couple

Hesaysshewaffles Sun 14-Dec-14 20:45:00

I split with my ex of 10 years last year for the same circumstances. For the past few months that followed I made bad choices, was totally messed up and clung on to whatever attention I could get to validate me. So because of that, I'd say be cautious. Very cautious

CalleighDoodle Sun 14-Dec-14 20:45:45

Sorry toddler appeared. If they knew some time ago their relationship was over then possibly ok, but unlikely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now