Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do u think he's cheating ?

(9 Posts)
Steph388 Sun 14-Dec-14 13:21:25

So I was on my partner of 8 yrs computer and came accross afew things in his comp history. It was a site for meeting people just for sex . So I confront him he says its an automatic pop up from when he's on proxy sites downloading UFC. Now what do u think ? I want to believe him, is it possible it is just a pop up and would it still show in the computer history ?? Many thanks

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sun 14-Dec-14 13:32:12

Pop-ups don't show up on the history if he hasn't clicked on it and gone to that site. He's a bare-faced liar and I reckon you're unlikely to get the truth from him without damning proof. The usual tactic is to deny, deny, deny

Mmolly2013 Sun 14-Dec-14 13:49:04

I get pop ups all the time that are filthy and yes they do show in history. He could be telling the truth it seems a reasonable answer, did he hesitate at all when he answered.

MiniTheMinxLovesMinxPies Sun 14-Dec-14 13:49:51

Things to think about: How much history is available, are there swathes of history missing, does he usually delete the history and what opportunities does he have for meeting these people. Has his attitude to you changed, is he protective of his phone, spending more time on his health, hygiene and appearance, or times when he is not contactable.

Mmolly2013 Sun 14-Dec-14 13:50:37

Just want to add sometimes im not suspecting a pop up and im trying to click on something else but accidently click the pop up, its easily done.

why dont you go onto the ufc thing he normally goes on and see if you get these pop ups

Steph388 Sun 14-Dec-14 13:56:36

He's been himself , leaves his phone lying around and computer so it would seem he doesn't have anything to hide . He works away quite often tho. Makes me sick at the thought of him meeting people for sex especially when he's getting it at home .

Windywenceslas Sun 14-Dec-14 15:15:05

Why were you looking?

McSqueezy Sun 14-Dec-14 15:22:30

I don’t think there is any way of really proving this one way or another. I'm not sure from memory if popups show in your history or not. But on top of that, there is always a chance he clicked on an ad/pop up hy accident causing it to load further pages.

I would advise vigilance, and just keeping an eye on any changes in behaviour. If guilty he is bound to be more careful now - you may even notice that these websites no longer show in the history. That would be suspicious in itself if they are supposedly 'accidental'

StrawberryMouse Sun 14-Dec-14 15:37:26

I've had "local sluts" in my history when I have checked and I guarantee I have never visited that site on my mobile! ''Twas pop ups. It does happen I promise. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now