Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

when a red flag is waving

(4 Posts)
fucketbanny Sun 14-Dec-14 06:44:05

Have name changed but am a regular lurker and occassional poster of 7 years. Have been seeing a guy for a couple of months who I really like. Things going well, very open about our backgrounds etc. Now know he spent time in group therapy for sex addiction (seductive type) about 5 years ago and he seems very self aware about it. I am so glad he has been so honest so can make a choice i guess, do you think it is a relationship to pursue or better to walk away now?

ocelot41 Sun 14-Dec-14 06:53:57

Meh. Well it isn't an attractive trait is it? What do you feel about it?

FolkGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 07:02:21

I'd walk away now. But then I'm not you.

What's your gut instinct telling you? I'm guessing it's not "this is the perfect man for me" or you wouldn't be here asking.

If it's like other addictions, then I'd be worried about the possibility of 'falling off the wagon'. People who have overcome addictions are always at risk of relapsing. In fact, I wouldn't be 'worried' about it. I'd just walk.

tippytap Sun 14-Dec-14 07:21:02

Hasn't sex addiction been de-bunked all bollocks?

If so, what you're left with is a serial adulterer. I'd walk now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now