Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tell me your success stories

(7 Posts)
MistletoeBUTNOwine Sat 13-Dec-14 18:37:20

I've left my abusive partner.
I feel so rubbish that we don't have a 'family' any more (mum dad dcs).
I feel sorry for him he's all alone (I know confused)
I feel sorry for dcs
I just feel crap
Please tell me of your good lives after splitting sad

Joysmum Sat 13-Dec-14 18:42:03

My previous partner raped me, I minimised it, then ended it after he cheated on me and I still couldn't see him for what he was.

My DH has been amazing. He's dealt with my insecurity, issues around sex, lack of confidence and eating issues which means my weight fluctuates by about 6.5 stone.

I'm only now getting help and we've been together 20 years and I'm confident he loves me as much as I love him despite my insecurities.

Kahlua4me Sat 13-Dec-14 18:46:19

My friend left her abusive husband a few years ago. He was vile, and very damaging to the dc as well as her.

Anyway, she now has a new partner who is wonderful. We all love him and she is happy and settled and the dc are thriving.

momb Sat 13-Dec-14 18:47:06

I posted this a few days ago so apologies if you've read it before:
A few months into my new life: kids, new town, new schools, new nursery, having moved knowing no-one, with no furniture except the kid's beds and an airbed (with a slow leak) for me, I stood in the garden. The DCs were just in bed and the evening was my own. I stood there, hugging myself, and laughed aloud. It was a bubble of joy I couldn't keep in...just the lightness, the simplicity of it, the relief. It will come for you too Mistletoe, and will take you by surprise just like it did me.
And now, 7 years on? New husband, loads of friends, completely embedded in the community here. Settled DCs.
Where you are now OP is pretty much your lowest point: it will get better and better as you find yourself again. Good luck!

MistletoeBUTNOwine Sat 13-Dec-14 18:49:23

Thank you all.
This is the first time I've cried.
But now I can't stop sad

Rebecca2014 Sat 13-Dec-14 19:18:52

2 months on from split from ex and I am going through a rough spell. Most days I am fine and remember what an horrible twat he was but then I get days when I am lonely and I miss certain aspects of our life together...

All I can say for both of us is, time is a healer and I am sure if we did get back with these twats, we be wishing they were gone again!!

MistletoeBUTNOwine Sat 13-Dec-14 20:10:01

Do you have any RL support Rebecca?
I've found the DAS to be invaluable especially when having a wobble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now