Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

*possible trigger* I got shouted at in the street today for 'lying in court'

(11 Posts)
Magicandsparklee Fri 12-Dec-14 17:11:43

I dot really know what to do or how to feel right now.

My ex'D'P who I left and went NC with 6 years ago got convicted of rape of 7 girls last year. I am so happy about this, these girls had the courage to do what I didn't and have the violent scum bag put behind bars for a very long time. I found out through the local newspaper and had nothing todo with it nor did the police ever contact me to ask for a statement.

Today I was in town with my 3 mo DD and I heard 'that's magic and lots of shouting of my name. They then proceed to shout 'you fucking bitch lying in court you got him in prison you'll get what's coming to you. You slut' ect ect, no one around me achnoledged this and I went Into a shop to avoid this, when I came out they were gone.

Id never seen the men before and cannot remember what they looked like. I am terrified, I don't know what to do. He knew some very dangerous men and if they think I am responsible for this god knows what will happen.

I think I just need a bit of handholding right now and a place to vent sad

magoria Fri 12-Dec-14 17:16:07

I would call the police non emergency line on 101 and get this recorded.

It was a threat to you and your DC were with you!

Next time you may be harmed and if this is on file they may have a starting point.

Hatespiders Fri 12-Dec-14 17:19:07

Yes, I agree with magoria. Tell the Police and get this logged. It's threatening behaviour and a criminal offence.

AltheaVestrit Fri 12-Dec-14 17:20:10

Call 101 and get it logged by the police. If things should deteriorate any further they'll know that you need a hot line and will get to you ASAP.

6 years is a long time NC with your shit of an ex. I hope the yobs were just chancing their arm so to speak. There doesn't seem to be much that links you with ex shit after so long. The police might know his 'friends' anyway and might be able to have a word with them if it escalates.

You don't deserve any harassment from anyone. 101 and get it logged.

Magicandsparklee Fri 12-Dec-14 17:37:46

Thank you for replies, I didn't think 101 will take a complaint with no description what so ever of the person?

Lostriver Fri 12-Dec-14 17:41:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PausingFlatly Fri 12-Dec-14 17:42:44

Presumably they do for burglaries...

At the very least, it means if there's a reoccurrence (which god forbid), there will be a previous complaint to build it on.

Sorry you've been through this.

EhricJinglingHisBallsOnHigh Sat 13-Dec-14 07:29:23

Of course they will take a statement. Do you remember anything? Ethnicity? Age? Or did you not see him? It really doesn't matter, you have been threatened, please report it. They may already have a Good idea who it is from other incidents you don't know about.

Inertia Sat 13-Dec-14 17:07:22

Report to the police- you may need it to be logged in case you need further protection. It may also be on CCTV, if you can give a place and approximate time.

LineRunner Sat 13-Dec-14 17:09:58

If you ask for someone involved in the case to ring you, they may be able to work out who they are.

Waimaz Sat 13-Dec-14 19:33:36

Definately report it, chances are they will have been caught on CCTV, i think most towns have it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: