Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel lonely

(9 Posts)
St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:42:58

I wrote on here before that my boyfriend of 4 months was ignoring me.i got my key off him, but 3 weeks later I miss him just as much as before. His mum says he's going to have a lonely xmas,as his ex has stopped contact with kids.and he doesn't have me now. ive text him a few times asking to meet to chat, cos together we were very happy. But he doesn't respond, i can't keep on to him, but I find it hard moving on.we had all these plans but they are now gone.

St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:53:26

Can anyone help how I can move on and stop giving a damn

AdiposeLoveMe Tue 09-Dec-14 18:58:05

Sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely.
If he ignored you before you broke up and he's still ignoring you, I would leave it. He isnt interested in afraid.

He won't tell his mum everything so he could be seeing someone else.

Could you find something that you enjoy doing by yourself? Take up knitting or crafting. Enjoy your own company.

St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:02:54

Sometimes I think he is,cos he blocked me on watsapp, as I accused him of talking to other women

St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:03:27

I did this cos he was ignoring me for days but was on watsaap

AimlesslyPurposeful Tue 09-Dec-14 19:11:12

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely but you have to stop contacting him!

You're going to have to find some distractions - Can you make arrangements to see friends at the times of day you miss him the most? Throw yourself into your work to take your mind off him or do some overtime and use the extra money to book yourself a holiday to look forward to in the New Year? Take up some new sports or activities?

You need to meet someone who wants to spend time with you and doesn't ignore you and you won't do that while you're wasting your time thinking about someone that doesn't want to be with you.

St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:14:41

Yes you are 100% right! I'm back in work tomorrow so it'll be better. Think time of the year adds to it too

Donkeysleighbellsringing Tue 09-Dec-14 19:27:40

It is tempting to picture him contacting you to tell you he's sorry, he loves you and letting you walk out of his life was a mistake.

But ignoring you while you still a couple doesn't sound right. I don't think it's a good idea talking to his mum about him. Now if he gets back in touch won't you worry it's only because his ex has dropped contact and he is looking to hook up again just over the Christmas break?

There must be loads of events happening near you for Christmas and New year, get some friends and sort out something. I mean this kindly don't pine for him and stop chatting to his mum.

St29 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:41:24

Yes your right cut all contact with his connections I'll always be hanging on otherwise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now