Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Baggage Reclaim website.

(9 Posts)
Darkesteyes Tue 09-Dec-14 14:25:28

I spent quite a while reading this website last night and found it really illuminating.
Im sure ive seen it linked in threads on here before but ive not taken much notice. She is also the author of a book called Mr Unavailable and the Fall Back Girl.
Its made me start looking at things in a slightly different light. Going by the comments underneath many people have experienced what Natalie Lue writes about.

www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/why-you-should-be-wary-of-any-man-that-is-reliant-on-text-messaging-email-and-instant-messenger/

elsabelle Tue 09-Dec-14 14:32:01

I love this website too. I have her "No Contact" book and its been pretty helpful (although i've still managed to fall off the wagon a fair few times..)

GoatsDoRoam Tue 09-Dec-14 14:33:28

I think everything she says is sound.

(She is SO long-winded in her explanations, though.)

MixenLane Tue 09-Dec-14 14:38:40

I found the site about 5 years ago when I was trying to figure out what was going on with the twunt I was involved with. It was very helpful.
The site owner has gone more commercial in the past couple of years. She used to offer an introductory e-book and daily email support for people going NC, both were free at that time.

And interesting that you picked that link, Darkest, it was when I read that page that I decided enough was enough and decided to walk.

Darkesteyes Tue 09-Dec-14 14:39:37

Yes Goats she makes a lot of sense.

www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/how-to-spot-emotionally-unavailable-men/

Darkesteyes Tue 09-Dec-14 14:42:02

Mixen it was only when i looked at the dates on some of her blog posts that i realised how long her site has been in existence.

I spent last night reading her blogs and nodding.

brokenhearted55a Tue 09-Dec-14 14:50:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MixenLane Tue 09-Dec-14 14:54:10

That's it, Darkest. It was when I found myself nodding at nearly everything I read on the blog that it gave me the jolt I needed to LTB.

I've just started reading some of the comments on that post you linked to. I'm sure I'll have read many of them previously, but that was when I was deeply involved with the twunt. Reading them even now is making me feel upset and anxious, bringing back the feelings I had at that time.

I hope the site can continue to be helpful to those who need it.

Darkesteyes Tue 09-Dec-14 15:00:13

broken i dont think she has all the answers but maybe some of what she writes helps people to see things in a way they just wernt seeing before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now