Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The new arrogance

(10 Posts)
Justasitis Mon 08-Dec-14 21:07:56

We have two children 4 and 5. Naturally very energetic and playful. I've entire years telling him not to leave tablets around yet why oh why do I just find two boxes of headache tablets on his desk. Neatly stacked there like they belong there.

What sensible parent does that???????

He is 40 years of age btw not some teenager

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 08-Dec-14 21:28:30

Don't really understand your post or the title. Sorry. What's the problem? What's the arrogance?

TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Mon 08-Dec-14 21:29:03

What sensible parent does that???????

One with a bad headache?

Justasitis Tue 09-Dec-14 04:55:13

Leave tablets out within reach of small children? Even though he's been told a million times ... That normal?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 09-Dec-14 06:32:23

Why is his desk within reach? It's his desk.

This really doesn't seem like a big problem. Not enough to justify your massive overuse of question marks.

I still don't understand your thread title.

Tigresswoods Tue 09-Dec-14 06:53:20

At 4 my DS won't just touch anything anymore. He's not 2.

magpieginglebells Tue 09-Dec-14 07:04:37

I think it depends on the kids ans whether they are in the habit of getting things from his desk.

Don't think it's arrogance though.

CogitOIOIO Tue 09-Dec-14 07:11:56

Of course meds should be put away ideally but, at 4 and 5, your DCs are probably old enough to understand that they are not to eat random things they find lying about. So a safety talk for everyone might resolve this particular problem.

Reading between the lines a little, usually when small stuff like this causes such an extreme reaction it's because the person responsible is in that territory where everything they do, big or small, is really irritating. Is the relationship struggling more generally?

brokenhearted55a Tue 09-Dec-14 11:15:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HelloitsmeFell Tue 09-Dec-14 11:22:44

I'd be absolutely AMAZED if any four or five year old chose to chomp down on enough paracetamol/ibuprofen to do them any harm. They might suck on one, realise it tastes unappealing at best and vile at worst, and spit it out. It's hard enough trying to get children to eat vegetables in any meaningful quantity so I don't think they are going to be sucking on several paracetamol in a hurry.

Yes of course in theory they should be kept out of reach of young children but in reality I think the actual risk of them ingesting a dangerous quantity is tiny. You are right to be irritated, but you are really making a meal out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now