Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex drive too high. Feel awful.

(11 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:51:35

I've always had a high sex drive which wad never a problem in my relationship as OH has too but at the moment I'm 10 weeks pregnant and want it constantly, so much that my boyfriend can't even keep up. I get moody if I don't get it and snappy and if he just wants to cuddle I try and take it further. It's a nightmare. He's such a lovely person and a lot of the time I'm ok but I know I can be a bit of a bitch if I don't get any. It's gone out of control since I've been pregnant and after I've been snappy with him I feel completely gutted and sorry. It makes it even worse that he never has a go back at me.

CogitOIOIO Mon 08-Dec-14 19:49:20

If you think your behaviour is unreasonable has tripped over from 'high sex drive' and into something obsessive/compulsive that is having a damaging effect on your wellbeing then please talk to your doctor.

Rebecca1608 Mon 08-Dec-14 20:26:50

I think it has because we used to have a healthy sex life but now I know I'm too much and although he never says anything he does try to shrug me off (in a nice way) sad

SnowSpot Mon 08-Dec-14 20:31:14

This isn't meant sarcastically, but why don't you just masturbate more?
I have a lower sex drive than DH and I'm pretty sure he makes up the disparity by having a wank.
The idea that he would ever make me feel bad about it fills me with horror.

wallypops Mon 08-Dec-14 20:42:11

Mine went mad during my first pregnancy too. I think it waned a bit when I get very big and the choices were more limited. When he told me I was repugnant that calmed it too - though clearly I wouldn't recommend that as a method to get your sex drive under control.

All I'm saying is that it goes up and down with the hormones. I was very up for it after the birth too.

Rebecca1608 Tue 09-Dec-14 07:28:58

Yeah I have got toys but it's not the same, I'm just going to have to try and curb it. I'm sure I'll be quite big in a couple of months anyway so hopefully something will put me off.

TheHermitCrab Tue 09-Dec-14 09:30:11

Hormones or not, you need to stop taking it out on him (I'm 33 weeks pregnant) my sex drive has been from intense (waking him up at 2, 4, 6 in the morning, sometimes he says yes, sometimes no, but I never get moody or angry over sex, that's not fair or nice) to nothing at all and feeling like a terrible manky whale (like right now!) lol.

You can't use your homones/pregnancy as an "excuse" when you know exactly why you are being horrible and snappy with him.

Like Cog said - if you can't control it yourself, you need to see a doc if it's becoming obsessive. If you can, and you're well aware of your behaviour (which you seem to be) you need to start thinking before you act and not get angry at him over sex.

If this was a man it wouldn't matter what his reasons were for "needing" that much sex, can't treat a partner that way, especially if he still wants to be intimate with you and cuddle.

We all give our partners a hard time when we're pregnant, so it's good he's being patient xx

Rebecca1608 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:20:17

Yeah I'm definitely aware of how I'm being and it's not his fault I feel terrible after I have been snappy though and don't want to be like that with him. I'm lucky he does still want to be intimate and I'm just going to have to have a word with myself lol thanks x

BarrySponge Thu 11-Dec-14 11:49:40

Wallypops, he told you that you were repugnant while you were pregnant?? Fucking hell. What an arsehole.

Riverland Thu 11-Dec-14 11:51:56

What Barry said.

TheHermitCrab Thu 11-Dec-14 13:47:34

Well luckily the OP hasn't had the same problem as Wallpops. So yeah... have a word with yourself Rebecca! haha smile

It'll all calm down, it'll be up and down x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now