Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Heads a confused mess. Don't know what to do anymore.

(123 Posts)
Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:36:22

I'm sat on my couch this morning, feeling utterly lost. I just want to sleep. I really really need help.

Is there anyone I can talk to, to try and sort my head out? A help line or something like that. I need to try and make sense of everything.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:38:48

Samaritans

Take care thanks

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:39:00

Just realised that reads like a feeling suicidal post, it's not! I'm just really confused about my relationships (DP and family) and I think I am being emotionally abused.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:40:14

Ok. women's aid

Or talk it out here ?

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:40:27

Do you have to give your name with the Samaritans? I live in a small town and I don't want to be recognised as my name is unusual up here.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:40:51

Both of these services are confidential.

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:41:36

If I talked it out on here it would be the longest post ever on mn and I've threads about various things to do with it all already, feels like I would just be repeating myself and making more of a fool out of myself. hmm

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:41:53

I can't contact woman's aid. My mother works there.

Stopanuary Mon 08-Dec-14 10:41:54

Samaritans can help you - they're there for anybody who is in distress - they won't judge, it's completely confident and they'll help you untangle your thoughts.

In the UK the number is 08457 909090

LineRunner Mon 08-Dec-14 10:42:22

Is there any way any of us could help you? What's weighing on your mind most heavily right now?

CogitOIOIO Mon 08-Dec-14 10:44:22

You could sketch out some of the most pressing details here if you like. We can also cope with long posts if you split it up a little into paragraphs.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:44:46

Yes, I have seen your name around. Perhaps a visit to your GP to see if you can access any talking therapy ?

BTW, thee will be strict protocols in place so that your mother cannot access any of your calls/information.

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:45:05

Two things really. That I think I'm a friendly, kind, gentle person but I can't be because of how my DP and my family treat me. That maybe I'm the emotional abuser.

And that I need to leave my DP but I have come to rely on him so much I can't do it. I only have my mother aside from him. It's ridiculous considering all the stuff I've been through and got through, but I can't do this. I'm just so mixed up.

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:46:58

I was paying for private counselling but couldn't keep up with the costs. My private counsellor was of the opinion I needed long term psychiatrist help but there is a three year waiting list. For the record this help is not for my mental health as such but to help me come to terms with a lot of bad things that have happened in my life.

Quitelikely Mon 08-Dec-14 10:47:35

What is your dp doing to you OP?

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:48:20

Ok, there are a few people listening now.

MorrisZapp Mon 08-Dec-14 10:49:22

Is your relationship with your mum one of the problems? Or is she generally supportive and understanding?

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:50:59

Making me feel like I'm a horrible person. Whilst telling me he loves me with all his heart. Saying I am oblivious to the way I treat him. I'm smart and my head tells me he is wrong but I'm so confused. He is so good at making me feel I've been in the wrong and end up apologising/begging.

You are talking with a woman that was strong enough to leave a marriage and become a single parent to four kids under six. Yet I can't seem to get myself out of this ridiculous, damaging relationship.

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:53:26

My mum is my rock. We've had our ups and downs over the years thanks to my father messing with my head and telling me she was abusive to my brother and I, telling me so much lies. I didn't meet her until I was 12 and I was so suspicious of her. However the last couple of years she is pretty much my best friend as well as my mum and if it hadn't been for her support in the new year, I really don't think I would be here now. I don't want to put any more onto her, she struggled enough in the new year trying to support me through a total meltdown.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:54:46

Nice/nasty cycle. here

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:55:26

How do I know if he is emotionally abusing me? How do I know that it's not me and the way I am that makes him so angry/upset with me?

dadwood Mon 08-Dec-14 10:58:54

Don't worry about repeating yourself. Can't see the harm in that.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:59:10

If you are that bad, why doesn't he leave you ?

Celestria Mon 08-Dec-14 10:59:18

That's it right there AF. thanks

Things are fine for a while. Then something tiny will happen. He will absolutely blow up, get so angry and i don't know what to say or do to calm the situation down and sort it out. He tells me what I think, and if I tell him that's not what I think, he has made his mind up and I may as well be speaking to myself. Then I start saying sorry and crying and he forgives me. After one of the rows, he gave me some money saying it was for my thirtieth. After the row last night he wants to buy me a cooker.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 11:00:24

he is gaslighting you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now