Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So, my neighbour fancies me

(10 Posts)
TheGodfatherPart2 Sun 07-Dec-14 22:56:07

I feel so bloody awkward and don't know wether to tell anyone or not

A couple moved onto our street about 2 years ago, i vaguely know them, as in i know their names and say hello but that's it.

About a month ago i got a friend request on Facebook from the guy. I accepted thinking he was being friendly as we are neighbours, he sent me a pm with general chit chat (no work today? What you upto? Sort of thing) then he started asking me to delete them messages, started asking me to send him photos, told me i was "stunning" i deleted him from my fb.

I just don't know what to make of it tbh, do i tell my DP? Do i tell his DP? Do i say nothing because the messanger gets shot?

He keeps looking at my livingroom window when he walks past, he never spoke to me the whole time he's been here til he added me online. I just feel so bloody awkward confused

Annarose2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 22:59:35

You tell your DP. Otherwise your DP will innocently say hello to him on the street for ever more (or worse, agree at some stage to do a neighbourly favour for him), & Neighbour will realise with some satisfaction that you kept his slimy secret for him. Yeeuuuuchhh.

defineme Sun 07-Dec-14 23:03:08

Tell your dp- you have nothing to hide and it's upset you, so why wouldn't you tell him?

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 07-Dec-14 23:08:03

Tell your DP, otherwise this creep wins by having a secret between the both of you

TheGodfatherPart2 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:11:14

I know ive done nothing wrong, and i really want to tell DP, but DP is a hothead and will massively kick off with this guy, i don't need all my neighbours curtain twitching, its just so bloody uncomfortable though, like every time i leave the house in looking up to see if he's watching me out of his window.

I'm hoping he'll get the hint.

CogitOIOIO Sun 07-Dec-14 23:15:29

You tell your DP that the neighbour sent a few creepy messages but that you've dealt with it and expect him to behave himself.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 07-Dec-14 23:17:50

Oh, give over. if your DP is a violent thug you have more problems than a creepy neighbour.

TheGodfatherPart2 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:20:05

He's not a 'violent thug' but he would definitely have words

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 07-Dec-14 23:26:58

Then I would tell your partner that you are just informing him so there are no secrets between you but that you are quite capable of dealing with it yourself. Any "hothead" behaviour should not be tolerated. if you have to keep it quiet because you fear his reaction, I repeat, you have more problems than a creepy neighbour.

Although, would it be such a bad thing if he "had a few words" as long as he kept his temper and didn't act like you were his property ?

WaitingForMe Sun 07-Dec-14 23:35:48

Get anger management/counselling for your partner then tell him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now