Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friends exdp expected to have ds (3 yrs) even though he was full of drink and coke.

(8 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Sun 07-Dec-14 16:42:29

She isn't sure what to do about it? I said he should be reported and she should see a solicitor.

Has anyone been through similar?

She didn't let him have ds btw.

FunkyBoldRibena Sun 07-Dec-14 16:52:10

What did he do?

FunkyBoldRibena Sun 07-Dec-14 16:52:53

Oh - the ex partner was drunk and had been on cocaine...not the kid was given too much to drink ie coke. Yes, stop contact.

aturtlenamedmack Sun 07-Dec-14 16:55:19

funky that's what I thought too!
Stop the contact today.
Is the contact arranged through courts?

Bogeyface Sun 07-Dec-14 17:07:06

It depends.

Was this a scheduled access visit and he turned up incapable through drink and drugs? Its better if it was in a way because she can say that he knew he was due to have the DS and got in that state anyway. If he turned up on the spur of the moment he could say that he only did it because he was drunk, very sorry M'Lud I wont do it again.

I would suggest that she stops contact immediately as it currently stands. Get her solicitor to write to him saying that due to her concerns about his drinking and drug use that she is insisting that further contact must happen at a contact centre (or perhaps at the home of a family member that she trusts if there is someone).

Bogeyface Sun 07-Dec-14 17:08:17

Sorry....

if it was a spur of the moment thing then again I think she needs to insist on supervised contact until she is satisfied that there will be no further occurrences.

Bogeyface Sun 07-Dec-14 17:08:35

Oh and was he driving?

FreakinScaryCaaw Sun 07-Dec-14 23:01:17

Thanks all.

Not sure about driving? Yes it was a scheduled contact stay over.

She's stopped him seeing him and making an appointment with a solicitor.

Apparently he's broken windows and slashed tyres in the past? Not sure if this was proven though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now