Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Transgender women never dated a man but wants to ?

(4 Posts)
Krissy1980 Sun 07-Dec-14 16:21:25

Hi.

I'm a transgender single parent who has recently started living my life as a woman after being on female hormones for over 3 years and hiding it all. I'm finally becoming the woman I have always been inside.

One thing that I always think about is having a relationship with a man and how I would feel. I have always been attracted to women until about a year ago, now I have no attraction to women at all and find myself becoming very attracted to men.

I've been on my own for along time, and I would love some one to share my life with, but I have my daughter to consider and how it would effect her. I also have no idea how I would find a decent guy that would accept me and my past as a man, I'm not interested in gay men, I wont a man to love me as a woman. I'm thinking it might be impossible ?

Krissy x

kaykayblue Mon 08-Dec-14 19:00:00

Hi Krissy,

I didn't want to leave your thread unanswered.

I don't think that the MumsNet forum is going to be the best place to advise you on this issue. I have personally only ever seen cis women on the site (myself included), and all the goodwill in the world isn't going to make anyone here more able to relate to the difficulties of dating as a transgender woman. I would really recommend that you try looking for some transgender support sites, whether local or global, that might be able to give you some realistic, practical advice that comes from genuine experience, as opposed to simple guess work.

Good luck though, and the one thing I WOULD say is not to worry too much about how dating affects your daughter. One thing that spans all types of people is that there are people who are good, and people who are nasty pieces of work. As long as you avoid the latter, and continue to be a good role model for your daughter (whether single or in a relationship), then whether you decide to date or not shouldn't be a big issue.

xxxxx

perfectlyincapable Mon 08-Dec-14 19:25:59

No its not impossible, there are plenty of clubs in the UK that hold events for transgender people and admirers you just need to know where to look.
Its also a great place to meet other people in the same situation, feel free to PM for some more info.

Krissy1980 Mon 08-Dec-14 19:45:37

Thanks both, to be honest I have been on a few trans forums and not found them very welcoming, and I've not found any other trans person who is a single parent who's actually living and bringing up there child. I've found it really hard to find anywhere that I belong. This forum has been great for me and really helped . Because I'm a single parent with pretty much no help I dont think ill have time to go to any clubs lol but it would be good to try. Its been along time since I've had a night out.

Thanks again smile
Krissy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now