Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hero worship?

(8 Posts)
meggamind Wed 03-Dec-14 20:59:36

Is it wrong to fancy the pants of the PC who arrested my DH for assault? Such a confusing bunch of emotions going on! What is this?

Hatespiders Wed 03-Dec-14 21:44:49

Well you can fancy anyone you like. I fancy Sean Connery. But are you proposing trying to date him or something?

I wonder if the policeman presented to you a bit of the 'knight in shining armour' in your hour of need? And the adrenalin of the assault would make your emotions all hyped-up. However I don't think it would be appropriate to fan this attraction. The policeman was only there in an official capacity after all.

I'm sorry by the way that you've had to go through this trauma. Are you ok now? And was it yourself he assaulted, or someone else? Not pretty anyway.

atoughyear Wed 03-Dec-14 21:49:28

This is very common. It's the same as people 'falling in love' with their doctor, lawyer etc.

MagicBacon Wed 03-Dec-14 22:08:07

I'm guessing the contrast between your H who needed arresting (not judging, my dp was also arrested last week sad ) and the 'hero' who came and stepped in makes the PC seem all the more attractive.

I know we're all supposed to have a thing about men in uniform generally, what with the air of authority and all the that, but when it's in contrast to someone so utterly unworthy of respect and admiration it is even more acute.

I hope you're ok and that your h has taken it seriously now that he has had dealings with the police over his behaviour.

brokenhearted55a Thu 04-Dec-14 00:33:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

atoughyear Thu 04-Dec-14 08:53:49

Yes they do! Weird I know but it's the same kind of thing where people feeling vulnerable confuse their feelings for love.

meggamind Thu 04-Dec-14 09:55:10

Just a nice distraction i guess..

Hatespiders Thu 04-Dec-14 15:07:27

There's a young man in our local shopping mall who stands at a central counter, trying to get people to sign up to Sky. We can't afford Sky and don't really need it either, but mmmmmm he is so deliciously tasty. I think he's Jamaican. I told my dh and we both laugh about it. Now whenever we go past he teases me and urges me to go up and ask for 'information'. He says, "There's your toyboy! Has he asked you out yet?" (Do you reckon he's trying to get rid of me?!)
I'm seventy and pretty hideous, but you can dream can't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now