Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being abused by husband

(8 Posts)
Ohreallyisthat Fri 28-Nov-14 06:34:01

I need to hear from someone about this because this he been constant through our relationship. Whenever we argue about something by the end of it I'm usually a basket case, mentally wrong, bipolar, nutcase, got emotional problems etc. it happens very single time and despite me knowing that I'm not these things by the end of the argument I'm always distraught by his words. They really affect me and I sob for hours. I'm sobbing now. I know our marriage is over but I can't leave right now because I'm pregnant and circumstances are just not right, money place to live etc. plus I have other children too. How can I deal with it, I tell myself that I won't let it get to me but it does and his words leave wounds. This morning was because we have a tight schedule in the morning getting the kids out to school and somehow me and the kids overslept yet he was up so I complained as to why he didn't wake us. It's not the first time thus has happened I may add that we've overslept - not on school run - but that a certain someone didn't think k to wake up - happened once before at least. But I've noticed a pattern, I get a complete character assassination and onslaught.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Nov-14 06:49:54

I'm sorry you're having a bad time. Do these arguments happen often? Are you subjected to similar insults at other times? Are mornings a regular flashpoint and could they be handled differently?

18yearstooold Fri 28-Nov-14 07:11:16

You can't deal with this

You have only one option but you don't sound strong enough just yet

I was told the same thing 'mentally unstable, depressed, schizophrenic, deranged, a nut job, basket case -there's something wrong with you, you're not normal!'

4 years after I found the courage to leave i'm still suffering the consequences of living with that -I struggle to understand normal emotions and I've lost all trust in people

Please don't leave it as long as I did

something2say Fri 28-Nov-14 07:11:42

Make contact with a DV support agency.
And really try to cut contact with him. Do not spend time with him. Save money. Avoid arguments. Get away from him. Spend weekends out. Go to bed early. Do not rely on him for help. When you re divorced he won't be there to help so see if you can start that mindset now. And save money!!! X

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 28-Nov-14 07:15:27

Womens Aid can and will help you leave your emotionally abusive H.

Their number is 0808 2000 247; please call them.

Ohreallyisthat Fri 28-Nov-14 09:02:40

Thanks so much for the advice I'm saving

Ohreallyisthat Fri 28-Nov-14 09:18:01

Going to call WA

Granville72 Fri 28-Nov-14 13:47:12

The circumstances are seldom right for these sort of things and leaving, but don't use pregnancy and your other children as the excuse to stay.

Your unborn child and your current children need you and you need to be happy as well, and safe.

You can do this, you've just been trodden down to the point where you 'think' you can't deal with it. Yes you can do this, and say to yourself (in a mirror and out loud) You know what, I'm better than this, I deserve better than this, my children deserve better than this and I CAN DO THIS.

Straight to WA. Do you have relatives or a friend you can lean on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now