Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need some stern talking to.

(3 Posts)
MommyBird Thu 27-Nov-14 19:50:12

Hello!

I have posted many, many, many times about my MIL. She is toxic.
We have been NC for over a year but still had the 'woe is me' texts every so often..

It's coming upto Christmas, an event, family time, which is usually when we hear from her or FIL (flying monkey) usually something she can use to make us feel sorry for her 'i still love you' 'I'm always here even if you hate me'...things like that.

I've had a crappy couple of weeks, my anxiety is on over drive and it all came to a head today when I had a severe panic attack.
I can't stop worrying that she will text, turn up or get FIL involved again. Its never to apologise, just to let us now how heartbroken she is. It gives me the rage.

DH doesn't care. He has switched off and is calm as a cucumber. How do I get to that stage?!

He doesn't have an anxiety disorder which helps but I just wish I could stop. Stop overy thinking and worrying about something that might not even happen.

I can't believe I feel like this. I'm an adult ffs! I need some words of wisdom, quotes, anything to calm me down.

Thanks for reading if you got this far. Have wine and cake

HugeFurryKnittingBalls Thu 27-Nov-14 19:54:54

Mindfulness meditation would do you the wonder of good I think. I'm no guru of the woo but it gives your brain time to deliberately relax which makes everything else easier to deal with. Our lives are so full of fast moving information and lots of us find that impossible in the long term and the result is anxiety and panic attacks.

God knows who was given the task of choosing the colours on this website because they ought to be sacked and if you'd prefer to read a very simple description of how to do it I'd be happy to type out my method if you're interested.

MommyBird Thu 27-Nov-14 19:59:05

Dear god. That's very bright! It might be the same person who worked on the netmums colour scheme

I can just about read it. Thank you very much. I'm willing to give anything a go right now. I don't know why I'm giving her so much head space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now