Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Surprising DH with a night out...

(10 Posts)
DuchessofNorks Wed 26-Nov-14 07:26:29

I am planning a surprise night out for myself and DH, DC free, in a couple of weeks. I would like to pick up a small gift to give to him but not sure what. I would like something that is the equivalent of a woman receiving flowers or chocolates - a small gesture of appreciation. We rarely get time to ourselves with DS (three years old) and DD (12 weeks old) so want too take the opportunity for a bit of romance and reconciliation.

Any ideas?

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 26-Nov-14 07:31:15

You know him best... What's he into? What would he class as thoughtful? My current squeeze is mad about motorbikes and particularly Valentino Rossi. Any microscopic gift that references his hero brings him over all emotional smile This will not apply to everyone.

bouffanteh Wed 26-Nov-14 07:35:19

Bookmarking. I need/want to do something similar when a horrendous financial period is over smile no ideas yet!

TheHermitCrab Wed 26-Nov-14 11:29:34

Surely you know him more than any suggestion we could make?

HellKitty Wed 26-Nov-14 11:35:06

A card. Telling him how much he means to you.

Millli Wed 26-Nov-14 11:36:20

What about a sex cheque book thingy where you promise him all sorts of naughty treats on your break together. That would get to him as much as flowers to you, wouldn't it? Or/And some gorgeous sexy new underwear that he would enjoy as much as you.

RJnomore Wed 26-Nov-14 11:36:36

A bottle of wine to come back to

hellsbellsmelons Wed 26-Nov-14 11:38:45

Does he appreciate a good bottle of wine?
Whisky?
Gin?
When I'm stuck for a pressie for a male it's always a bottle of plonk and some dark chocolate or other.

Cufflinks? If he wears nice shirts.
Is he into football, rugby?

There's a great shop in the town I live called Menkind.
Loads of great ideas in there. They also have a Website

OhBuggeringBollocks Wed 26-Nov-14 11:56:52

First thought - Blowjob.

Actual present - I bought DH an engraved guitar pick as he's a muso. Something connected to a hobby?

Stalequavers Wed 26-Nov-14 12:02:43

I bought my dp a thank you card yesterday with a box of his favourite chocs.

I got dd2 to write in it (scribble) and we told him how much we loved him.

He filled up. (Soft git ) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now