Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long for a separation agreement and how much?

(2 Posts)
what2eatwhenurbored Mon 24-Nov-14 22:17:10

Hi,

What I'd really like to know is how long and how much - first hand experience from others who are willing to share.

After much advice I am now at the separation agreement stage. I am aware of various routes, legal aid or not and what comes after. I'm a nervous MNer after being torn apart for asking advice on settling a newborn (never again). I won't say anymore about my situation with partner and kids if that's okay. I'd just really value how it was for you as I don't have any close friends with this experience.

I'm in Scotland but any UK experience is v v welcome!!

Thank you x

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 25-Nov-14 08:38:31

Sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere on MN. I'd hope you'd find the Relationships Board a softer landing than somewhere like the AIBU bear pit or similar smile Context is everything when it comes to legal matters. If you and your ex partner are reasonably amicable and cooperative, you can avoid a lot of costs and settle many thing privately. If there's any hostility or obstruction it'll take a lot longer and cost a lot more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now