Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Quick rant about my ex.

(11 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 24-Nov-14 18:28:40

Just got off the phone with exMIL. Apparently it's so nice that ExP is buying himself a lovely house. Isn't it great that he's finally growing up and turning his life around?
No, itfucking isn't. Why couldn't he grow up and turn his life around and buy a nice house with me?
Why did it need me to throw him out for him to get a grip and start acting like an adult. And now I feel like the bad guy for splitting up with someone who, when I was with him, was so spectacularly bad with money , regularly couldn't contribute his half of the rent every month! ,

MishMooshAndMogwai Mon 24-Nov-14 18:31:48

Don't feel bad that you broke up with a useless piece of shit, feel proud that you helped turn him into a useless piece of shit with a house grin

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 24-Nov-14 18:35:34

Thanks Mish. I like that, useless piece of shit with a house. grin

Bogeyface Mon 24-Nov-14 18:36:53

Dont worry, he wont have it for long......

Lovingfreedom Mon 24-Nov-14 18:38:40

Stop phoning your Ex MIL?

TinyWishes Mon 24-Nov-14 18:41:35

Why were you still speaking to MiL...

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 24-Nov-14 18:48:01

I am still in touch with her because she has a very close relationship with DS. And also because she is a genuinely nice lady. We get on really well and she has been lovely to me both before and since we split up.I think we might have to stop talking about ExP's "news" when she calls though! confused

Castlemilk Mon 24-Nov-14 18:55:43

Ha! You'd really want to be on a mortgage with someone who couldn't get his act together to contribute and be a family when he already had a child?

Look, if having the biggest responsibility one could ever have didn't make him grow up, getting a bloody mortgage isn't going to. Be grateful he's doing his stuff somewhere where you aren't going to be dragged down by it.

Getting a mortgage isn't some kind of big sign of responsibility and maturity, sadly. Although I'm guessing his poor mother would desperately want it to be, hence her conversation. Nothing however will change the fact that he lost his chance at being a family with his son through sheer irresponsibility.

Bogeyface Mon 24-Nov-14 19:12:52

Yeah, I wonder how proud his mother will be when she is paying his mortgage for him so she doesnt get landed with him again after repossesion.

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 24-Nov-14 19:16:34

Thanks castle. You're right, I definitely wouldn't want to be named on a mortgage with him.
I wish I was serene enough for this not to have given me the total rage though.

RubMyLamp Mon 24-Nov-14 19:24:47

cardiff I was in your shoes a few years ago. Not a house, but driving lessons and a car. Yes exMIL its effing lovely that your son now has a car and can take the kids out to nice places, considering the selfish twat couldn't even be arsed to walk to the local park with me and DDs but now him and his teenage girlfriend other woman drive up and down the country taking them on "big days out" rage angry

It was lovely when, 4 months in, the exDPs newGF lost interest in the kids - they're still together - after 2.5 years, but she hasn't seen my kids for the last 20 months of that. And then I had to field questions about why Daddys girlfriend doesn't see them any more angry I've asked him umpteen times but I just get stonewalled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now