Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Confused and need insight..

(3 Posts)
Applecrumbling Mon 24-Nov-14 09:52:03

Struggling to think clearly. I have posted a few times but in myself I'm not really getting anywhere and moving forward. My exh left in 2009, ds was 18 mo. I met new partner, was in a much better place and felt ready to move forward. But I've always known he isn't quite right for me but have hung on. Intellectually we are not matched which I thought I could work with as we do have good times. But I can't commit. I can convince myself we are casual or fwb but I want more.. For me. I want someone who can bring out the best in me. We are v attracted to each other but also physically it is a little disappointing. In fact with all this many of you might think 'what are you doing?!' So what am I doing? Why can't I end it and not go back? I feel stuck and I'm unhappy and at 38 feel like I'm wasting time. I love him but can't be with him. How do I break free?

Drumdrum60 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:42:33

What are you doing? Don't waste precious time with someone who isn't right for you. I understand why it is hard to let go but if you do chances are you will meet someone who meets all your needs. I know it's hard to make the first move.

Joysmum Mon 24-Nov-14 11:29:16

To my mind it's ok to just date and not be exclusive if the other person agrees. I wish this was more common place tbh rather than serial monogamy because by quickly entering into an exclusive relationship with somebody who's not Mr Right, you close off the possibilities of meeting Mr Right one day whilst still having fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now