Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to get over my ex

(6 Posts)
Sogo1 Sat 22-Nov-14 13:33:44

I apologise in advance if this ends up being a long post. My partner of 6yrs left me and my 9 month old son 3 weeks ago. We had been a bit up and down for a few weeks, and I had gone back to stay with my mum a few times (on his request), only for my ex to call and ask me to come back because he couldn't live without me and that Ieant everything to him and he was just stressed with work. Then 3weeks ago he said that was it and we were over and asked me to move to my mums. I thought it would just be for a few days. a few
Days later he came to see me and said he had been talking to someone from work and that they had been out and had so much in common he knew we had no chance. He has since moved on and is blissfully happy with this new girlfriend and I just don't know how to cope with it. I know you will all be saying he had been having an affair but I know he hadn't (that's not me living in denial, I 100% know he wasn't). He says they are happy and he thinks he loves her and I just don't know how to get through this. I miss him so much and just want him back. Everytime he rings to see how baby is I imagine he is ringing to say he has made a mistake or that he wants to try again. I can't see how I'm ever going to get through this, I'm completely heart broken and it hurts even more that he can just move on at a click of a finger from 6 years when only a week before we split he was talking about our perfect Christmas and wanting to get married. It's like this other girl has come along and because its new and exciting I've been forgotten about. I can't see any way out of how I'm feeling and it's not getting easier as the days go by. I just don't know what to do, I feel I've lost my life and I just want him back

Greta28 Sat 22-Nov-14 13:37:05

Time. Antidepressants.
I would say online dating but with a baby, maybe not just yet.
He is a horrible, horrible person you don't want to share your life with. Right now though it's not possible to see.
I wish I could share your pain, it's awful. Please hold my hand flowers

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 22-Nov-14 13:39:22

I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience and that your ex has given you the runaround. You can't rush grief so be kind to yourself. Be with people who love you and try not to spend too much time on your own.

Greta28 Sat 22-Nov-14 14:14:23

be kind to yourself
My psychiatrist kept telling me that, and I really listened. It helped

innerstrength100 Sat 22-Nov-14 18:18:39

Sogo. Just want you to know you are not on your own. (Mine is the thread desperate for tips to help a broken heart.) I wish I had the answer but I don't. It is utterly shit feeling like this. But you are not on your own.

Blahdeblah111 Sat 22-Nov-14 18:32:09

Hey OP and also innerstrength.. I'm also going through this, but luckily no DC involved to complicate it. Nothing anyone says to me helps me at the minute, and it hurts so much more than after 6 years he has started seeing someone else sad

We'll get through it ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now