Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

16 years not standing up to abusive FW but tonight...

(8 Posts)
areyoureallysure Fri 21-Nov-14 19:00:32

... I did it!

In a nutshell handover is 6.30pm Sunday. He asked if we could alter it to 5pm to accommodate our older two dcs and I agreed. They no longer need accommodating so at handover this evening I said I assumed it was 6.30pm again? Nope. He has 'running about and stuff' to do.

So when I got home I sent him an email telling him how sad it is that less than three months after the conclusion of a long, stressful and expensive court process wrt the children, he is already preferring 'running about and stuff' to spending time with the dcs.

Won't change a sausage. However, it felt bloody marvellous grin

Tobyjugg Fri 21-Nov-14 19:09:18

flowers wine

Lweji Fri 21-Nov-14 19:11:20

5pm as in he hands them over to you?

Are you at home then?
Don't you have things to do?

areyoureallysure Fri 21-Nov-14 19:19:20

Of course I do Lweji. However, just on this one occasion I was prepared to sacrifice that 90 mins of time for a mega truck load of moral highground. And given that I copy his mum into everything so he can't twist anything, that felt good too grin

Lweji Fri 21-Nov-14 20:18:09

I get you. smile

I occasionally have to sent similar messages to the father who desperately wants to have his son during holidays, but can't be arsed to be there to talk to him on skype one hour per week.

Lweji Fri 21-Nov-14 20:21:41

But well done for standing up to him. smile

SelfLoathing Fri 21-Nov-14 20:29:12

what does FW mean please?

Lweji Fri 21-Nov-14 20:34:14

I expect it's fuckwit or something similar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now