Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shall I tell him I like him? Or withdraw from friendship?

(7 Posts)
SnapeChat Mon 17-Nov-14 23:56:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mustardstripes Tue 18-Nov-14 00:22:30

Hi Snape,

I don't often post here and often NC but I had to respond to this - three years is a long time to go on liking someone without saying anything!

I'm in a similar predicament, in fact, much of your OP could have been written by me. Same friendship group, intense platonic friendship, a heap load of chemistry that is always commented upon and zero initiative taken by either of us! For me it's been a year or so and will be doing something soon!

Have you got any signs from him that he may also like you? Do you two hang out on a one-to-one basis at all? I think if not then that may be the starting point in seeing if you two have a 'spark' away from the friendship group and also confirm your own feelings before you say/do anything.

beaglesaresweet Tue 18-Nov-14 00:46:27

OP, do you mean you would withdraw from the whole group, or just from friendship with him personally? I'm just wondering that if you don't mind losing the whole friendship group over this, what do you have to lose by telling him? If it's a no, you could still withdraw from the friendship group, but if he's interested it's worth a try - and if it's awkward within group for whatever reason, again you can both leave it.

SnapeChat Thu 20-Nov-14 19:37:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

elephantsears Thu 20-Nov-14 21:19:43

Someone I know took courage and told, and now she and the chap have a wedding planned. He'd been longing for her, too, but was too shy to say.

SandyJ2014 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:53:44

Snaps... I think you're being hard on yourself.... Not every man is forthright re romance. I know three years is a long time but perhaps he is shy etc. why don't you try hanging out one on one and see if something grows between you in a more private setting. And even if it doesn't work out... Why would you need to stop seeing him? I wouldn't be embarrassed at all about it, if that is your reasoning. Best of luck. It's lovely to have strong feelings for someone isn't it!

DollStar Thu 20-Nov-14 22:02:04

Maybe you should withdraw from him a little. If he likes you and is wondering what happened, he will gravitate towards you. If he doesn't you will have your answer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now