Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First day of the rest of my life! Please join me!!

(15 Posts)
mummytotwo14 Mon 17-Nov-14 10:31:45

Partner and I broke up yesterday! We have two dc's together. Long story short he's always been an arse and found out he cheated on me twice this weekend just gone so we are over! And surprisingly I have woken up today feeling great and positive! So if anyone else is going through a break up and is scared they will go back come here and let's share our strength! grin or we can cry together whichever works for you wink x

mamato3luvleys Mon 17-Nov-14 10:34:20

Not in the same situation but just showing some support hope you stay strong and happy smile x

mummytotwo14 Mon 17-Nov-14 10:38:05

Thank you mama smile

Dowser Mon 17-Nov-14 10:39:34

Good for you .get ducks in a row. Make sure he can't empty bank accounts/ stop paying mortgage / cash in insurances etc investments.

Sorry but you'll have to be your own detective

Joysmum Mon 17-Nov-14 11:11:21

Good for you.

Knowledge is power and even the most amicable of splits can be troubled so get a solicitor (a good one!) if you can.

CarryOn90 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:55:23

Good for you thanks thanks

SeasonsEatings Mon 17-Nov-14 12:58:24

Change passwords on things.

Well done on positive outlook. Plan a night out?

1moreRep Mon 17-Nov-14 14:16:50

Hello,
I'm going through a spereation at the moment- DP is in denial hasn't told anyone- we still live together and I don't know what to do- we have 2 dc etc. However, I am jumping on this thread because despite the guilt/ stress and pain I am looking forward to a new life

mummytotwo14 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:31:34

Me too 1morerep! Although my situation is slightly different as he doesn't live with me! Do you want to share the reason your separating? X

yougotafriend Mon 17-Nov-14 21:39:56

I moved into my new place last saturday, we separated at e do of Sept and we're under the same roof for 7 uncomfortable weeks. So far so ok.... I was expecting it to feel like a huge weight to be lifted and for me to feel exhilarated, but it just hasn't happened.... Yet.....

Years of EA behaviour caused the split rather some catalytic event, maybe that's why it feels a bit anticlimatic atm....

Sorry for what you're going thru

Arlagirl Mon 17-Nov-14 22:15:29

1moreRep me too.
Divorce papers gone off..he doesn't want to tell children or anyone else even when are divorced in March. confused

I was the one who told him I didn't see any future for us..we have had every emotion under the sun in the last two months. Currently martyred moping.

I have put up for 20 years with his controlling behaviour, treading on eggshells.

I feel empowered and strong...yes it will be hard, but I am strangely excited

Good luck to us all xx

emmalouise1091 Tue 18-Nov-14 01:58:58

Can i join?? smile

I split with my ex about 2 months ago. I'm pregnant and he moved on to a new 'victim' pretty much straight away. Felt rubbish for a while but much better now...can't wait for my little one grin

mummytotwo14 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:27:13

Well done Emma you sound very strong! The last time I know about him cheating was august 2013 and I was 7 weeks pg with my second dc! I did not have the strength to leave. But I said if you ever do it again I'm gone so this time was a no brainier! Even though he is still point blank denying it! Also he has just messaged saying he is coming to seethe kids straight from work and can I bag his stuff up! Nothing like asking me if we're even in tonight is there! hmm

ninetynineonehundred Tue 18-Nov-14 11:48:55

1morerep there are a lot of us about today although in our case people know as we separated in march! but he still hasn't got around to moving out

1moreRep Tue 18-Nov-14 12:05:24

Hi guys- mummyoftwo basically due to his moods, neglect of my feelings, my love for my career and 2 demanding dc and my dad passing away a year ago my feelings for him have gone. Its sad because he is a good man but I just went numb to him due to his stone walling and moodiness. I don't fancy him anymore and love is just not there but I do care and respect him and he is slowly coming to terms with things.

I feel sick constantly so I'm ensuring I keep going the gym as much as usual to give me an appetite. Last night was the first time we talked money and he doesn't think I'm entitled to anything and wants to keep the house- I'm on the deeds/ mortgage so would be entitled to 50% (there's at least 210k equity there) the majority of it his inheritance. I calmly explained that I was entitled to money and he should look into his options/ weather he could afford to buy me out- I said as long as I could afford a small place for me and the kids near by I wouldn't take 50%. I said I wanted us to come up with a fair deal. He is in a bit of shock as he doesn't want to move and this realisation made him angry and quiet which he explained so I went to bed. We communicate so much better since I decided to end things.

yougotafriend don't underestimate the effect of all the EA- get yourself a hobby/ goal maybe a 10k race? Ive just entered a tough mudder. Time to focus on you and freeing yourself psychologically from him xx

chamade I share your excitement!!!

Emma his new victim needs to remember how she got him as that's exactly how she will lose him.

Well I have spent the day finding out what if any 'help' I will receive when I move out/ buy a place and looking in estate agents at small places! It was funny as 2 estate agents said they were in the middle of separations themselves! Then on the radio the Katie Perry song 'piece of me' came on this can be the threads song of the day? We can choose one each day to inspire/ rant/ badly rap along to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now