Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anniversary present ideas for dh

(8 Posts)
Msdj Sun 16-Nov-14 17:47:07

It's mine and dhs 30 year anniversary of first meeting soon. i am at a loss as to what to get him. We don't spend a lot on each other. As its close to Christmas and not our wedding anniversary yet. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas please?

saintsandpoets Sun 16-Nov-14 17:51:34

You celebrate meeting anniversaries? How many anniversaries do you have? First date, first kiss, bf/gf anniversary, wedding?

We only have one - before we got married it was our bf/gf anniversary, now we celebrate our wedding date.

SelfLoathing Sun 16-Nov-14 17:52:06

What about buying a nice hardback notebook from Paperchase or a big scrap book and making a "30 years of us" book?

You could fill it with a combination of photos, little mementos - ticket stubs etc if you've kept anything like that, copy of your wedding invitation, newspaper clippings about you/him/engagement anouncements etc and short handwritten memories.

Write "Remember when we.... "[and then fill in something different on every page - something you remember fondly. but doesn't have to be long].

Card shops and hobby craft places sell lots of little sticker things so even if you aren't artistic it's easy to make it look pretty.

SelfLoathing Sun 16-Nov-14 17:55:35

Actually now I think of it, that would be better kept for a wedding anniversary.

"A meeting anniversary" is much less of a bit deal really if you have a big wedding anniversary coming up.

What about something small and silver, anything he would use really with a concealed engraving of the date you met and dig out a suitable phrase to go with it - a quote about meeting or even just "Every day I'm glad I met you" - a cigarette case, a fob watch, a small stationery box. Whatever he would like.

SelfLoathing Sun 16-Nov-14 17:55:55

*less of a big deal

SelfLoathing Sun 16-Nov-14 17:59:02

Or this for the date you met

www.gonedigging.co.uk/product/birthday-edition-newspaper-book/

or there are lots of websites that sell a newspaper pages/editions for dates in history if you google. Usually they are for birthdays but would work too for the date you met.

Joysmum Mon 17-Nov-14 09:12:24

Set up a night that has all the hallmarks of 30 years ago. Music, food, dress, film/TV, and get the photos out smile

DiscoMoo Mon 17-Nov-14 09:39:24

I have no ideas for you but just wanted to say how sweet that is. My mum and dad only celebrated the anniversary of their first date, their wedding anniversary sometimes went most unacknowledged but they always made a fuss of their first date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now