Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would anyone like to adopt me?

(16 Posts)
ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 05:56:15

The lovely 'adopt a gran' thread has got me thinking!

I have recently gone nc with my mum. She allowed my stepfather to abuse me (sexually and emotionally) when I was a child over a period of 8 years, and then rejected me when I told my Dad about the abuse as a teenager. I have finally had enough of her self-pity and general toxicity and have cut ties.

I never had a true mum figure in my life, someone to care about me and nurture me (and vice versa). It is through having my little daughter that I realise what I have missed out on, and I am feeling increasingly sad about this.

I live in Sussex with my dh and dd (7 months). Would love to meet someone thanks

Wonc Sun 16-Nov-14 06:26:52

I'm so sorry about what happened to you. Truly you were very brave and your 'mother' did not deserve to have children. What a terrible thing to do.

Bumping for you, in the hope someone luffly comes along. Sadly I'm in Oz, so not much use. flowers

ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 06:34:16

Thanks wonc, lovely of you to reply flowers

jakesmith Sun 16-Nov-14 07:15:20

Really sad history but I'm sure you'll reverse it with the love and security you'll give dd. can't be an adoptive mum I'm afraid as I am male!

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Sun 16-Nov-14 07:36:25

I can't adopt you I'm afraid but I live in Sussex if you want a friend?

notmrscookie Sun 16-Nov-14 07:39:27

I live in Sussex also if you want a chat .

inlectorecumbit Sun 16-Nov-14 07:52:06

I would love to adopt you being adopted myself but Scotland may just be a bit far away for you flowers

ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 08:21:09

Thank you all, you're so sweet flowers

Just to clarify (in case I'm scaring anyone!) I'm not looking to literally be adopted, just have a mother figure in my life! grin

ishouldcocoa Sun 16-Nov-14 08:25:11

I'm not far from West Sussex. Which end are you?
I'm good at hugs, tea and cake and listening.

notmrscookie Sun 16-Nov-14 10:07:41

In RH10 area. so as mentioned can also do cake and tea.

alongcamespiders Sun 16-Nov-14 10:16:25

I have NC with my mum over the last five years and the years before tat the relationship was very damaging. I miss more than anything the mother that never was, I see my friends having mums or mother figures to turn to, do things with, for support, help with the kids etc and I just feel so sad and alone. So I'm not much help other to say that I feel for you and know exactly what you mean.

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Sun 16-Nov-14 10:17:12

I guessed you don't literally want to be adopted, but I don't think I'm ready to be a mother figure to an adult grin

Am in Brighton & have very broad shoulders, make a mean brew & am not averse to a wine or two!

cafesociety Sun 16-Nov-14 11:53:45

I'd love to be a mother figure....but I'm in Somerset. A MNer with a similar story to the OP can apply!

OP I hope you find the support you need, and good for you being proactive and posting.

ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 11:58:42

Thank you so much everyone.

cocoa I'm in Brighton, whereabouts are you? <waves at flummoxed>

I'm sorry you're going through the same thing. Crap isn't it flowers

ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 11:59:43

Sorry, last sentence was for alongcamespiders

ShesAnEasyWuffer Sun 16-Nov-14 12:00:14

Thanks cafe x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now