Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New to OLD, advise please

(9 Posts)
wearymum73 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:20:01

I'm new to OLD, but I had a coffee date last sat, it went ok, we met up for dinner on Wednesday, it was a wonderful night, he was funny, and we have so much in common, I left feeling happy to take it further.
He has text lots since, he went too a work do last night, he was still texting me when he arrived in the pub, I got a text last night when he was out, just saying 'lol too many beers', I was asleep so I didn't respond till this morning.
Since my last text this am nothing!
So was he out on another date last night? Or is this just a OLD, and people just go cold for no reason?

overslept Sat 15-Nov-14 19:25:18

He may be busy or nursing a hangover and his pride. Lots of people are tits at work does (words of experience blush).

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it was a date or he met somebody else, give it some more time. You have any met up twice so a day without much contact is not a huge worry. If it turns out it was that he was with somebody else, or he has just gone a bit distant then just cut your losses and move on. Don't panic yet though, it really is probably nothing if he is a decent guy.

overslept Sat 15-Nov-14 19:27:32

do's* only*

Dirtybadger Sat 15-Nov-14 19:30:33

You've had two dates in a week and lots of texts? If he's only gone quiet for less than 48 hours- he's probably just busy/hungover. Maybe he had another date, that wouldn't seem unreasonable, but try not to think about that. Objectively/rationally it's fine and expected but it's easier (and actually more logical in this instance) to think he's just got other things going on.

wearymum73 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:33:44

Thanks over, he's been texting me back straight away every time I've been texting him before, when I have left it a few hours, I guess the one really good dinner was it, and I need to get back looking again!

something2say Sat 15-Nov-14 19:33:45

Wait. Don't chase. Don't go from zero to a hundred in a week.
I hate the significance that phones suddenly take on when dating!

overslept Sat 15-Nov-14 19:41:36

I think looking and messages with others OLD would be fine but give the poor guy a chance before you arrange more dates, it's only been a little while. He may have even been drunk enough to lose or break his phone!

I second something2say, don't start chasing.

wearymum73 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:59:51

I agree with you both, have not sent another message since my first this morning, I won't chase. Though both messages got sent through SMS, not iMessage as before.
So it is possible he has lost his phone.

SelfLoathing Sat 15-Nov-14 22:34:41

You should assume that anyone you meet through OLD is going on lots of other dates and seeing other people. As you probably are.

It's doesn't work in a "I will date Man No.1 and see how that goes". Stop. "I will now date Man No. 2 and see how that goes". Stop." kind a way. It's more like I'll date Man no. 1, no. 2, no. 3 etc and some will fall by the wayside.

For me it was fairly common to go on a date with a man, have perfectly pleasant evening but never want to see him again - no chemistry/not interesting enough/whatever. Stands to reason guys will feel the same.

Don't obsess about this one. Keep looking and go out on some other dates. If he's interested, he'll call you and ask you out again. If he's not, he won't.

Be wary of the "keeping my options open by texting/keeping channels of communication although I'm not really that interested" move though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now