Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

making friends as a couple

(3 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Sat 15-Nov-14 14:45:09

This may be a bit silly to some, but dp and I don't seem to have many friends together. We have a few that we see now and again, but I am reasonably social and would love a few more. He is less bothered than I am, but is a bit of a quieter person. Yes I like spending time just with him, but I like other people too. We have a DD age 2. How do other people do this?!

Drumdrum60 Sun 16-Nov-14 09:52:24

I've found that among my friends it's the women who are main social planners and dhs follow along. With little ones it can be hard tp plan to go out together so we used to have friends round something to eat. Or go out on your own if he's not as sociable.

mamaduckbone Sun 16-Nov-14 09:57:52

It's taken us a long time after moving area and having children to build a 'joint' social life, but now our who we spend time with as a couple are my 'mum' friends from when the dcs were little, who we've gradually started spending more time with as families, and parents of my dc's school friends who we've clicked with beyond the school gates.
Do you have any friends who you've met through baby groups etc who you could invite on a family day out to see if the dads get along? That's what we did, and the ones who dh did get along with are now amongst our best friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now