Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just some sympathy please

(5 Posts)
whitecandles Sat 15-Nov-14 11:08:43

I split up with a guy i was seeing. I was only seeing him for a month but I really liked him and thought it was going somewhere. But somehow it just fell apart. And I was really
looking forward to seeing him today but instead I'm sitting in drinking wine (not in the UK btw, it's evening here!) and eating crap food.

It never gets any easier for me, this relationship stuff.

Vinomcstephens Sat 15-Nov-14 11:19:39

Have sympathy from me smile

It's rubbish when you split with someone and it doesn't matter whether you were together for a week or a year or whatever - it sucks! So have another drink and remind yourself this is all his loss!

whitecandles Sat 15-Nov-14 11:57:26

Thank you. It's stupid, I split up with him but I'm constantly checking my phone hoping he'll have got in touch.

BrowersBlues Sat 15-Nov-14 12:04:00

Sympathy from me too. Now turn off that phone and stop torturing yourself! You will get over this. Just think you did manage to meet someone and have a nice time and you will have that experience again with someone else.

Don't beat yourself up and eat crap food and drink wine all you like for a little while. You are not alone and you need to be your own best friend. Be nice to yourself and when you feel ready brush your hair and get out and be nice to other people.

I know its easier said than done and I do have a lot of sympathy for you. Look after yourself x

Greta28 Sat 15-Nov-14 12:05:47

That really sucks, that feeling flowers
Please don't contact him tonight after few drinks - you'll regret it tomorrow.
Why don't you distract yourself with an online dating site? Just for tonight, to keep your mind off?smile see what's out there, it might be fun. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now