Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He found my LTB fund. Now what.

(10 Posts)
MyyIceCreamIsCold Fri 14-Nov-14 09:49:03

Been saving to LTB. I then did something stupid, took a chance trying to add to it and he found it. I had to make up a bullshit excuse and pay it all back.

Back to square one. Gutted.

MorrisZapp Fri 14-Nov-14 09:53:09

Do you mean you had to give him your money? If that is the case I'd say you need to leave him with or without a fund, sorry. Is there anybody you can ask for help, family or friends?

fieldfare Fri 14-Nov-14 09:53:59

Why have you had to pay it all back?
I'm sorry I don't know the full story, but if things are that bad then accelerate your plans to leave, remove the money you had saved from wherever and go.

When I left my exh I ended up putting 6 months rent and a deposit on my cc as I had no guarantor so desperate to leave was I. I was out and gone with dd in a fortnight. No savings, only a part time job but I was free and that was most important.

Tobyjugg Fri 14-Nov-14 10:44:26

I take it that by "pay it all back" you mean you had to put it back into the main family (joint?) account? If so, they it's a setback nothing more. Lie low for a bit and then start again and don't make the same mistake again. I'd set up new fund with a totally different bank to the last one as well.

Tobyjugg Fri 14-Nov-14 10:45:06

then it's a setback

TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Fri 14-Nov-14 10:50:08

Can you LTB without the fund?

Can you take the money back, tell him it was the LTB fund and then LTB?

middlethird Fri 14-Nov-14 10:54:49

you gave the money back??! oh this upsets me so much.

if you try again he'll be looking out for it - take what you need and RUN.

GoatsDoRoam Fri 14-Nov-14 11:07:31

what middlethird said.

areyoureallysure Fri 14-Nov-14 11:15:26

Do you trust anyone? My friend took cash back every time she went shopping and gave the cash to her mum to look after.

I had nothing. I wasn't allowed access to any money at all so I had less than £10 when we split. However I was able to do it in such a way that I was the one in the house and as soon as I told my parents they were 100% on board and able to help me out.

I guess what is more important here is whether or not you feel in danger. If you do then go. Money is a highly useful commodity but it can't buy back your life.

Hand holding all the way here whatever you decide and whenever you need it. Feel free to pm me.

Twinklestein Fri 14-Nov-14 11:18:08

Was it his money or was it your money? If they're your savings you're entitled to them. Is he financially abusive? Is that the problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now